Bye R Hello A45 AMG

Everything about the R for potential owners.
goldingdavid
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather Seats, Reversing Sensors, phone prep, 19" alloys

Bye R Hello A45 AMG

Post by goldingdavid »

Hey Guys, Firstly The Scirocco R I owned since 2010 from new. Upgraded from a GT Rocco and the R blew it away. Fantastic Car.
I was in talks with vw about the new Golf R as I was interested in the 4 wheel drive side of things and sad to say it the extra back doors. As down the line should babies arrive that would be handy. Anyway upon hearing about the upcoming Golf R400 and being in talks with vw about a Lapiz Blue Golf R I was quoted a bad but borderline part exchange on my very very low mileage Rocco R. They also wanted an additional 3K cash which I said forget that. I left it with them and they failed to meet the deal I was looking. Which was still me ending up down and them winning.
Moving Onwards I was doing a job and popped into Mercedes Benz as passing by to check out the C63 AMG ( a Car with an incredible sound) although I still want a C63 I'm not sure how it happened but the A45 AMG was sitting there. Upon Getting in to have a look it Truly does (sorry to say) feel very special inside. I decided the C63 would cost too much on fuel and it was slightly too long (for now) i did the usual quotes for finance etc to see if they would even give it as its a ridiculously priced car. Giving an idea of options i would be interested in. anyway they said it would be a few hours and they would phone. Just upon arriving home, about 30 mins later I received an e-mail of a Brand new just arrived with all the options I would have picked. Hmmm was it meant to be. . Went back again to have a look. As I am not 30 I was not allowed to test drive. So we set off with the Merc man driving... The sound when started and the very special feeling recaro seats and the whole interior look wowed it for me. I know its not to some peoples tastes but I love it. Signed the paperwork and 3 days later, on the 1st september I believe for the new plate. Took it home.
Genuinely Loved my Scirocco R so much more than I can explain. Up until actually driving the A45 AMG away I had a voice saying you F***kin idiot what are you doing burning in my thoughts. however the POWER, the Noise. How much more GRIP it has. The looks aren't imo as sexy as the rocco but they are beginning to grow on me. The build class is superior not a single rattle which my rocco r suffered from the doors panels. the 45 acceleration pedal doesn't feel as touchy you have to floor the pedal more but when you do it rockets away so much more shat your pants than the rocco had. after a while I switched it from the comfort mode and into the Sport mode. OK,,, now its a completely different animal... Like it was amazing before and now .. Hell,, a absolute BEAST.. the pops and crackles and with the performance exhaust even louder... LOVE IT... sorry R I will miss you but I'm not as sad about it after a while with the AMG.
not having driven it on the test run i was crappin my pants incase i hated it and wanted my R back. but I love it. In comfort mode its lovely and the sport or manual its a beast. 2 cars in one and glued to the road. Theres lots of reviews on them such as bad steering and many other things. but i disagree with them all. I seem to change cars every 4 years and the Golf R400 will be tempting.. might return to vw but by then I may be looking at something far more interesting.
The R has left many great memories and I would recommend it to everyone. but I would also recommend the AMG for the next level.

I found many useful information here from the users over the last 4 years and will still have nose from time to time. Thanks to all the people who post on here I feel very lucky to have experienced such an amazing car which lets face it is the best VW ever..so far.. and very lucky to have took a massive debt of stupidity but love my new car. Was adding pics but they all too big. Its White with Black pano roof, Black alloys, Performance exhaust, Performance steering wheel, command system and the Aero Kit. Looks stunning, Drives better.
Safe Driving to all and if the new owner of my R with ridiculously low miles comes on.. Look after her and I detailed it good for ya,, your welcome lol and sorry about the scuffed alloys, that was a bad day
jd5
In: Rising Blue

Re: Bye R Hello A45 AMG

Post by jd5 »

Recommend the AMG for the next level ? I think they are all on the same platform i.e. 2.0 turbo engines. Anyway, gotta admit it would be nice to own/ drive one :D
Andy Rocc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box
Options: ...
Factory 19" Black Lugano Pack
Factory Heated Black Leather

Added Extras...

Eibach Pro Kit
Audi TT/S3 Short Shifter
Gloss Black Mirror Covers
Gloss Black VW Emblems

Post by Andy Rocc »

Enjoy your new beast........ my partner works for Mercedes-Benz and regulary gets to drive various models, recently she was blasting the C63 AMG and the E63 AMG around a track, she prefered the E over the C !!!!!. She currently has an SLK, it`s nice on a long cruise even though its a 2 seater with stiff suspension but for fun i prefer my Scirocco!
goldingdavid
Options: Sat Nav, Leather Seats, Reversing Sensors, phone prep, 19" alloys

Post by goldingdavid »

Hey Jd5, Your right of course, its only a 2.0 engine size. I meant it more in the power bhp area. it seemed like a big jump to me. think its 265bhp scirocco to 360bhp a45. The car is lovely to drive but I will admit it is far more tempting to drive antisocially. I haven't missed the R since the first day which surprises me as I loved it.

Hey Andry Rocc, I am jealous of this. I have not driven any others but do hope one day I will. I lost faith in vw when I had a dispute over servicing. Which I believe was I was told 3 free service. although it expired and I was not notified. my attention has moved to the mercedes line up. They all look good in their own way. although with vw I only liked the golf, scirocco and if they R'd up the polo that would have been cool.

More depressing news . I entered the car competition the one you see as gatwick. I played for a Ferrarri F12 Berlinetta. Myself and another player was exactly 1 pixel from the winning location. They referred to a separate entry ticket to decided and i lost out. he got some audi worth nothing compared to the f12. however 3 days later I noticed that my results was posted as the winner and they basically F'd up. was a nice dream but feel let down. no new F12 but nearly. toooo nearly.. robbed . many sleepless nights thinking about how unfair that was.
However I cannot complain as debt or not I am lucky with what I have. and last weeks winner won an a45 amg.
Finishing note, always read the terms and conditions . dream shattered