what tyres is everyone rocking?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
C00kie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: heated leather seats, DAB radio, rear privacy glass, rear parking sensors
Mods: Revo stage 1, Tarox G88 discs/Strada pads, Eibach Pro Kit springs, BCS sport catback system, K&N air filter, R8 coilpacks, interior LED lights, OEM LED number plate lights, pressed number plates

Re: what tyres is everyone rocking?

Post by C00kie »

Just found this page for Michelin PSS. Either it's a mistake or Michelin have started making the PSS in 235/40/18.

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/ ... 95y-476177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

I think it's maybe a mistake. As far as I'm aware they do not make a 235/40 in an 18 (they do in 19).

http://www.camskill.co.uk/brands/michel ... -tyres.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

May be wrong though!!
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
enzo15637
I drive a: R-Line
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

Post by enzo15637 »

Toyo proxies t1 - little bit different from the pack. But they are a good tyre, quieter than the bridgestones, grippy in the wet and dry. Side walls are a little softer, which is nicer in the bumps, hasnt quite got the feedback of the bridge-stones, but close enough
Zakuz
Options: Winter Pack

Post by Zakuz »

What's the Pirelli p7 like anyone tried them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dchapman32

Post by dchapman32 »

Just had Michelin Pilot Sport 4's fitting on every rim. I couldn't be happier - quiet, look great, fantastic grip, VERY comfortable ride... £650 down, but very happy man :-) http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mattyfitz
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White

Post by mattyfitz »

I've just brought a set of Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R for £114.05 a corner delivered (235/35/19 Y91), only could find one review from the R35 GTR guys. But will let you know how they turn out. Had a set of hankook ventus v12 evo2 and they were good not excellent on the road and died and over heated after a 10 minutes of hard driving.
xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

I run Vortis and they have been brilliant, great feedback, used in drag events, trackdays and day to day use rain, hot, cold, etc. although do suck a few MPG out of the car. Have not come across a better tyre for day to day road use as of yet.
click for build thread
mattyfitz

Post by mattyfitz »

Was that the Vorti or Vorti R? I dont mind about mpg!!
timc
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Retro fit LED Mirror,Door Puddle Lights, Cruise. Kenwood DNX516DABS, Android box + Kodi, JL Audio amp, JBL GTO Speakers, Reversing Camera. Polar FIS+, XDS, Oscarli magic

Post by timc »

Dunlop Sport Maxx
TriGGER
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors, Leather Interior

Post by TriGGER »

I'm planning on driving around Scotland and then the Lake District - lots of miles on great roads. My tread levels at the front are about 3mm and I'm starting to loose confidence in the braking and I want to enjoy the driving.

The past 3-4 sets of new tyres at the front I've had Goodyear Eagle F1's Mark 2. They're great, hard wearing (important as I do long distance to work), lots of confidence in braking but when they're down to about 3mm tread left I lose confidence

When choosing tyres, usually I look at the forums and AutoExpress website as they do some good testing and write up great reviews. I was suprised to find the Goodyears being out performed by many others now (even the newer Mark 3).

I'm thinking of trying Michelin Pilot Sport 4 PS4 - 235/40 R18 (95Y) XL TL.

Has anyone from from Goodyear Eagle F1's to the Michelin tyres? What have you noticed?
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

mattyfitz wrote:Was that the Vorti or Vorti R? I dont mind about mpg!!
Normal Vorti.

I am now running Michelin PS4 and Yokohama AD08R
click for build thread
Tymondo
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

I had Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my GT TDI and they are excellent.

Just about to put 4 new tyres on the R and toying with the idea of the PSS's again. VW are prepared to do them at £150 each corner which sounds respectable?
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tymondo
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Has anyone tried the Pilot Sport Cup 2's?
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mattyfitz

Post by mattyfitz »

Tymondo wrote:Has anyone tried the Pilot Sport Cup 2's?
I was torn about these or the Vorti R's after reading the reviews i would of gone for the Cup 2's in an instant if i didnt do so many miles. Plus the price difference per corner is around £100!!
xjay1337

Post by xjay1337 »

The Cup 2 are another league to the Vorti in dry but will be useless in the wet... the Vorti is a far more rounded tyre.

I am running AD08R at the moment after using Dunlop Direzza 03g. Next will be some Pirelli Trofeo R.
click for build thread
mvb12
In: Pure White

Post by mvb12 »

Anything you didn't like about the Direzza rubber?
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Having all 4 tyres changed to Cup 2's this Thursday.

http://www.michelin.co.uk/GB/en/tyres/p ... cup-2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Conscience about the wear as the PSS have been very good in this department. Looking forward to testing the Cup 2's out though :yes:

Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Tymondo wrote:Having all 4 tyres changed to Cup 2's this Thursday.

http://www.michelin.co.uk/GB/en/tyres/p ... cup-2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Conscience about the wear as the PSS have been very good in this department. Looking forward to testing the Cup 2's out though :yes:
Basically a road legal track tyre so they won't be lasting too long:-)
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Cuprabob wrote:
Tymondo wrote:Having all 4 tyres changed to Cup 2's this Thursday.

Basically a road legal track tyre so they won't be lasting too long:-)
Now you say!

Aaaar if i can last a year with them i will be happy as i will probably get rid of both the sciroccos at that point

Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

As long as you don't do more than 5K miles a year and don't drive through puddles you'll be OK:-)