what tyres is everyone rocking?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

what tyres is everyone rocking?

Post by 3t3p »

Gonna need new tyres fairly soon and convinced that for £126 ea the Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2s will be the ones for me.

My potenza seem to wheel spin very easily dry or wet I don't really rate them but I bought em used on the car...
mr gee
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS-510/Dynaudio

Re: what tyres is everyone rocking?

Post by mr gee »

My bridgestones were also doing that at 30,000km. I had narrowed down my replacement choices to Michelin PSS, Contsportcontact and Hankook S1evo2. hankook had a promotion (buy 3 get 1 free) so I went that route.
Must say I am quite happy with the hankooks. Wheel spins greatly reduced, tyre noise vastly reduced, slight improvements in fuel consumption, low speed feedback is higher I suspect due to stiffer sidewall and lighter steering wheel (a negative for me)
roc82
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by roc82 »

I am currently running on Pirelli P0, and I am very pleased with them ( very good grip and road feel). If I had to choose, it would be either these or the Michelin PSS.
Gaz r
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna leather
Rear parking sensors

Post by Gaz r »

Just recently put the goodyears on mine. Well happy with them, can now set off full throttle dry or wet and it just grips. They are a softer compound tyre and grip better once you get some heat into them.
I used to have them on the golf and I would get 12000 miles on the fronts before needing to be replaced, I did drive it like a getaway driver in all honesty though!
snapey

Post by snapey »

Pilot Super Sports. Easily the best tyre I've come across. Awesome grip and their wear rate is uncannily low for the level of performance they offer.
jackhay
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Leather seats, parking sensors, carbon dash trim

Post by jackhay »

Dunlops for the lower noise level (68dB compared to 71dB for most tyres mentioned here, that's half as loud!).
easyrider
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

Me and my best mate swear by f1 asymmetries. Great in the wet, sticky in the dry and hard wearing with fairly low road noise. They're good, and the tread pattern is nice and chunky too! Some pic of them on my old gt - rim protectors, too:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 20&t=17408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
Andy Rocc
In: Candy White
Options: ...
Factory 19" Black Lugano Pack
Factory Heated Black Leather

Added Extras...

Eibach Pro Kit
Audi TT/S3 Short Shifter
Gloss Black Mirror Covers
Gloss Black VW Emblems

Post by Andy Rocc »

Currently have Dunlop Sport Maxx GT all round which are nice and grippy when cornering but do tend so slip under hard acceleration. The fronts are almost out and I have some Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s in the shed for when they are worn out. Got them from lovetyres.com for £124 each which are 235/35/R19.
3t3p
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

i'm trying to wear out my potenza's now! people probably thinking i'm driving like a right kno£#'{}er!
one is down to 3mm at the front, the other just under 4mm.

the rear's are scrubbed on inside edge.
i've since had car tracked properly.

worth to replace before winter? i'm tempted
mo_bay

Post by mo_bay »

Currently the PSS. Replaced the Potenza originally on the car. Noise level significantly reduced. Grip wise improved as well. As I commute a lot my next change will be in few months. I'll come back to this thread for further advice 8) or might go again for a set of PSS.
3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

well I've got about 3mm or less on one of the fronts so just ordered a set of the goodyears off tyreleader.co.uk £131 ea though they had been as low as £126 ea a few weeks ago:(

well excited to get more grip, lower noise, comfort and fuel economy...hopefully
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Michelin Super Sports are the way to go at the moment, shoved a set on my spare rims for my Golf R and blown away with the results
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
James321
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Yep, Michelin PSS are without doubt the best tyres I've used.
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
Andy Rocc
Options: ...
Factory 19" Black Lugano Pack
Factory Heated Black Leather

Added Extras...

Eibach Pro Kit
Audi TT/S3 Short Shifter
Gloss Black Mirror Covers
Gloss Black VW Emblems

Post by Andy Rocc »

3t3p wrote:well I've got about 3mm or less on one of the fronts so just ordered a set of the goodyears off tyreleader.co.uk £131 ea though they had been as low as £126 ea a few weeks ago:(

well excited to get more grip, lower noise, comfort and fuel economy...hopefully
I picked them up from lovetyres.com for £124 each for the 19". I too only have 3mm left on the fronts but but at that price I thought it was best to get them and store until needed. They are now around £150 each.
3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

much quieter than my Potenzas. Very good grip in the wet. Can hard accelerate in 2nd in wet and get no wheelspin, before it was like being on an ice rink!

very happy with them for the money, seem to have low rolling resistance too
Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Avon ZZ5, 235/35/19

Sound as a pound.

However, with the ££ reduktion in these Goodyear's, I recently brought some. Will be fitting them late next month (eeking out some extra miles in the current racing slicks).
Kinli

Post by Kinli »

My potenzas (re050) run out of thread at about 20.000km.
I'm running PSS now and so far very pleased!
leonpettit

Post by leonpettit »

Super sports or eagle f1s for me.
skydemon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: R line pedals :-)

Post by skydemon »

Kumho ecsta la sports for me. Cheap n grippy so far