what tyres is everyone rocking?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Re: what tyres is everyone rocking?

Post by 3t3p »

will super sports put the power down the best then?

I love eagle F1's for low noise and excellent wet weather handling
TriGGER
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors, Leather Interior

Post by TriGGER »

3t3p wrote:will super sports put the power down the best then?

I love eagle F1's for low noise and excellent wet weather handling
Yooooo when the super sports bed in they are so good and better than the eagles... they're so much more sticky than the Eagles...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Tymondo
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Sport cup 2's are insanely grippy
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shrink
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio
19" Wheels
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by shrink »

I'm on SuperSports now.

Surprised that they are also quieter and less harsh over road imperfections than the Bridgestones. Worth every extra penny IMHO.
TriGGER

Post by TriGGER »

I feel like they are more easier to turn than the Goodyears but primarily more grippy.

shrink
19" Wheels
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by shrink »

i noticed that the steering response was immediately better coming from the bridgestones.

The supersports are also more forgiving over rough roads. I look forward to bedding them in a little!
kentech
With a: DSG box

Post by kentech »

How's the tyre life on SuperSports? Anybody run them enough on the R to be able to say, compared to other tyres?
Tymondo
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

kentech wrote:How's the tyre life on SuperSports? Anybody run them enough on the R to be able to say, compared to other tyres?
I had them on a 170 TDI so i know its not a fair comparison but the life on them are excellent.
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TriGGER

Post by TriGGER »

shrink wrote:i noticed that the steering response was immediately better coming from the bridgestones.

The supersports are also more forgiving over rough roads. I look forward to bedding them in a little!
Don't if I like the steering response compared to the Eagles. I might end up putting the Eagle 3 at the front and the Michelin at the rear.

shrink
19" Wheels
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by shrink »

tyre life on the michelins is reportedly excellent. For normal road use (and if rotated every 10k as per michelins guidelines) they warranty them for 30,000 miles
3t3p
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

How do supersports fair in rain?

The eagles are amazing in the wet, which funnily enough is most of the UK...
shrink
19" Wheels
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by shrink »

They are probably the best high performance tyre in the wet.

They have a specifically designed wet compound on the central part of the tyre.

At knockhill in my R, I had supersports on the front and bridgestones on the rear. The fronts refused to let go, and the back was all over the place. Even a full throttle haul in 2nd gear out of the hairpin, TC light didn't even flicker in the pissing rain.

The supersports are bar none, my favourite tyre yet. (where something like a cup2 is unsuitable, obviously for dry performance the cups will fare better)
3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

well need new set of fronts and already have ASY 3's on the rear so for OCD will get ASY 3's on front and see how they are. They did well in an Evo roundup and 4th in autoexpress

got ASYM 3's on front now, forgot how slippy the mould release compound is!

so far so good will post back when scrubbed in more.

I actually like the fuller side wall now, it seems to fill the arches more to the eye and not look FLAT all the time like ASYM2's did! Though the rim protector is marginally less substantial..
mvb12
In: Pure White

Post by mvb12 »

Hi Guys,

where did you go the get the super sports from need 19s and want to order some very soon.

any links to good prices please...
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

mvb12 wrote:Hi Guys,

where did you go the get the super sports from need 19s and want to order some very soon.

any links to good prices please...
http://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s24p1024 ... se%3A_71dB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Costco also tend to be competitive on pricing of Michelin tyres. Especially at the moment when they have a £50 off offer if you buy 4.
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

I found VW to be the cheapest. I got mine for £125 a corner. Nobody could get near that elsewhere.

3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

Got the ASYM 3's run-in on the front now.
The turning friction is less, the car is easier to turn now, I like it the car feels nimbler than it did before!

Perhaps a touch quieter too.
They have been reviewed as handling bumps and ruts better, i'm not sure about this, they're certainly no worse.
Just as confident in the wet having been at motorway speeds in the rain.

Although the side wall is chunkier and less low profile than ASYM 2's I like that having a non-lowered car it creates the illusion I think, of filling in the arches a bit more.
The rim protector is less than ASYM 2's which is a shame.

Grip is very good, I guess they're new tyres but I have had several 'woah' moments on hard acceleration.

For the price very happy with ASYM3's.
Maisonian
In: Candy White
Options: RNS 510 & Dynaudio Soundpack
19" Talladega Alloys (Gunmetal grey)
Leather Seats
Dual Bonnet Strut Kit
Kerscher CF Front Lip Spoiler
Maxton Designs CF under runners
Dectane Litec Smoked Rear Lights
Forge Twin-take Induction Kit
GFB DV+
Modified Audi TTs Engine cover & peripherals

Post by Maisonian »

3t3p wrote:Got the ASYM 3's run-in on the front now.
The turning friction is less, the car is easier to turn now, I like it the car feels nimbler than it did before!

They have been reviewed as handling bumps and ruts better, i'm not sure about this, they're certainly no worse.

Although the side wall is chunkier and less low profile than ASYM 2's I like that having a non-lowered car it creates the illusion I think, of filling in the arches a bit more.

Grip is very good, I guess they're new tyres but I have had several 'woah' moments on hard acceleration.

Do you mind if I ask what you paid per corner for your Asym 3s? I'm after 235/35 r19 Y91

Best I can find out and about is about £167 fitted and balanced; just wonder if you'd found a better price?

Also, there's a Y87 N0 series (for porsches I believe), is this any different to the standard Asym 3v?
Scirocco R - Converting Petrol into Fun via the Wallet.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=22769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Maisonian wrote:
3t3p wrote:Got the ASYM 3's run-in on the front now.

Do you mind if I ask what you paid per corner for your Asym 3s? I'm after 235/35 r19 Y91

Best I can find out and about is about £167 fitted and balanced; just wonder if you'd found a better price?

Also, there's a Y87 N0 series (for porsches I believe), is this any different to the standard Asym 3v?
It has a softer sidewall as the load index is 87 as opposed to 91 of the XL tyre.
3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

Hi used black circles for first time I think I paid 160 a corner fitted/balanced/valved

I think I got the 91s! Didn't check oops!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk