what tyres is everyone rocking?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Re: what tyres is everyone rocking?

Post by 3t3p »

3t3p wrote:Hi used black circles for first time I think I paid 160 a corner fitted/balanced/valved

I think I got the 91s! Didn't check oops!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeh I did get the 91 XLs :D

3t3p
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

Oops replied to myself , oh well

Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

3t3p wrote:Oops replied to myself , oh well

At least you didn't contradict yourself...
Last edited by Cuprabob on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

Have to say these ASY 3's are lush, I feel like i'm in a different car, one that rolls faster and corners better. It just feels like they gel with the car.

Can't wait till I get an alignment next week :D
mvb12
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Post by mvb12 »

Cuprabob wrote:
mvb12 wrote:Hi Guys,

where did you go the get the super sports from need 19s and want to order some very soon.

any links to good prices please...
http://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s24p1024 ... se%3A_71dB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Costco also tend to be competitive on pricing of Michelin tyres. Especially at the moment when they have a £50 off offer if you buy 4.

PSS are SAAAAAVAGE! So much grip its insane. swapped the rears from Dunlop sports maxx as thats the crap that was on it and the diffeence is ridiculous. before i was going round bends and the back was coming out and i i was thinking it was me trying to get to know the charecteristics of the car but it was the shitty tyres.

thought F1's where good but this is another league.
Maisonian
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS 510 & Dynaudio Soundpack
19" Talladega Alloys (Gunmetal grey)
Leather Seats
Dual Bonnet Strut Kit
Kerscher CF Front Lip Spoiler
Maxton Designs CF under runners
Dectane Litec Smoked Rear Lights
Forge Twin-take Induction Kit
GFB DV+
Modified Audi TTs Engine cover & peripherals

Post by Maisonian »

So Camskill sadly didn't have enough Asy 3s to meet demand so back to the drawing board :(

Now I'm tempted by the Michelin PSS, although there was some talk of their replacements being released in Jan 2017:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Mi ... elease.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone know anything about these beyond the obvious? Likely price and release date?
Scirocco R - Converting Petrol into Fun via the Wallet.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=22769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Got my Goodyear egales fitted over the weekends. feel so much better and smoother to drive. Havent driven it hard yet but so far so good
xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Maisonian wrote:So Camskill sadly didn't have enough Asy 3s to meet demand so back to the drawing board :(

Now I'm tempted by the Michelin PSS, although there was some talk of their replacements being released in Jan 2017:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Mi ... elease.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone know anything about these beyond the obvious? Likely price and release date?

PS4s only in certain sizes in 19.

I'd go for Pilot Sport 4.

They are brilliant. Love them on mine. You simply do not need more tyre for the road.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Paradox1 »

Paradox1 wrote:Got my Goodyear egales fitted over the weekends. feel so much better and smoother to drive. Havent driven it hard yet but so far so good

Not a fan of these anymore lol

Wheelspin just pull off form a junction in the rain. maybe they work better with some heat in them
xjay1337
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Quite easy to spin the wheels.
Diesel torque, poor tarmac, cold and wet. Not an indication of tyres really.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

yep I'm gonna pilot 4 sport it next.