Possible DSG Issue

Everything about the R for potential owners.
MarkH
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Tilting Panoramic Roof

Re: Possible DSG Issue

Post by MarkH »

Hi,

Yep - got the fault to repeat and then wrote a very long and detailed document outlining the background, the fault, the instances where it occurs etc. etc. etc.
When I went in to drop the car off for a service I presented the service department with the document and sort of apologized for such a detailed document BUT they were gushing and saying thank you, thank you, we wish everyone did this.

As you rightly point out - repeat ability is the key or they have no idea how to address it.
If you empower the dealer/mechanics they have grunt to go back to VW and push. If it is unclear then VW just tend to stonewall ad then the dealer is left to break the bad new to the customer.

Regards

Mark
jd5
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue

Post by jd5 »

Is 'mechatronic' an issue for 6 speed DSGs? I thought it was more prevalent amongst 7 speed DSGs.

You'd be the first R I know to have experienced this :(
shshivji
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Opal Silver
Options: panoramic roof and cruise control

Post by shshivji »

-
Last edited by shshivji on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shshivji
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Opal Silver
Options: panoramic roof and cruise control

Post by shshivji »

shshivji wrote:
jd5 wrote:Is 'mechatronic' an issue for 6 speed DSGs? I thought it was more prevalent amongst 7 speed DSGs.

You'd be the first R I know to have experienced this :(
Its more common on the 6 speed dsg, they cost around £1500 for the part alone....it's the same box they use through out the audi/seat/skoda range. Fitted from around 2003 onwards. Seen plenty go faulty. The later revisions are better but still can have issues, I would say the 7 speed clutch pack issue is far more common though.

Shak