Heater issue

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Scottyb
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Heater issue

Post by Scottyb »

Hi Guys,

Think this is my first post so hello everyone. I had a quick search about and couldn't find anything on this.

Last night my car heater on my '60 Scirocco R packed up. The fan just stopped blowing mid car journey about 2 months after the warranty ran out as well :cry:

The garage said i need a new heater at £412.77 and an hours labour. Now i'm not going to complain as an hour labour sounds great but i was under the impression that it would be a dash out job, does anyone know the location on the heater fan?

Has anyone else had theirs pack up?

Cheers all
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Heater issue

Post by Cuprabob »

I've heard of a few cabin fan failures on Golfs but not on Sciroccos. As I understand it they can get access to the fan from the passenger.footwell and removing the glovebox. It's just the fan that's being replaced not the heater. If it was the heater matrix that had failed then I di believe it would be a dash out job.
Scottyb
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White

Post by Scottyb »

Ah right good to know, as you say it is just the fan, lucky really. I had to do a heater matrix on my 306 years ago. Quite a big task to take on myself.

Slightly disappointed to be honest i also had to have a new air con pump fitted 3 months ago lucky still under warranty but all these expensive parts that keep failing is very annoying.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

If the car is just out of warranty and has a FVWSH then it's worth discussing goodwill with the dealer / VW Customer Services.