New to the scirocco fleet

Everything about the R for potential owners.
metaljay
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2+ Revo ;)

Re: New to the scirocco fleet

Post by metaljay »

no real need to run your car on VPower unless you have it tuned. Standard 98 ron fuel is fine (look at the petrol cap)

I only fill mine up with VPower as it helps with early detonation with the map
candyrocker
Options: Sunroof.Mirrors,Parking sensors.Leather,DSG

Post by candyrocker »

metaljay wrote:no real need to run your car on VPower unless you have it tuned. Standard 98 ron fuel is fine (look at the petrol cap)

I only fill mine up with VPower as it helps with early detonation with the map
Now you've kicked my curious gene into gear here mate ! Going on all the additives n stuff that the fuel companies put in their juice, which 98 would you reckon would be best for a standard R ?

Only reason I prefer and stated V power is because I tried Esso & BP's premium fuels and the roc seemed not exactly sluggish, but just not as zingy, if you like..

Be curious to know what you, and other R owners should/would put in the tank ? Obvs with no mapping going on..

Ta
Check out my Roc`s picture gallery:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=16326
Rob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Scirocco's gone!

Post by Rob »

[youtube][/youtube]

This surprised me a lot!!!!
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Fuel wise VW will have tested a wide range of 98 RON fuels taken from a range of countries in developing the factory map. However VAG have partnership with Aral (BP) on fuels so it's likely that the Aral blends available in Germany represent the ideal fuel.

Aral Superplus 98 is a different additive package to BP Ultimate 97, the only 98/99/100 RON fuel that is consistent across Europe is Shell VPower as it's a different fractional blend rather than a additive package to regular 95/96 so needs to be produced separately, on the content it's called VPower racing 100 rather confusingly.

Do remember that most super unleaded in the UK is only 97 RON not 98 RON as available across mainland Europe.
metaljay
Options: Stage 2+ Revo ;)

Post by metaljay »

Rob wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

This surprised me a lot!!!!
The thing about this, the car is completely standard! The premium petrol 98 Ron is 100% perfectly fine for an R! The maps and engines are designed for euro fuel so no need for anything above 98 (like petrol cap suggests)

When you change the car (like I have) and turn up boost and timing etc, THEN you can justify 99/100 Ron fuel.