Rising Blue Project

Everything about the R for potential owners.
ucar_u
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Re: Rising Blue Project

Post by ucar_u »

My friend can you please explain to me with more detail about how the EUROJET downpipe was fitted? I know that the scirocco R exhaust system seems to be different than other 2.0 TFSI models.

Especially the center section. What did actually cut? Did you had to remove the middle silencer, any custom flange welding required? Or was it just simply cutting the center section and fitting the EUROJET downpipe over it ?

Any modification to the Eurojet downpipe needed. I hope you can help me out. As I am just about to fit one but i need to be sure before I start to work on my car. :)
James321
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

The Eurojet is a straight swap for the standard exhaust and a simple fit. I wanted to reduce noise in the cabin so opted to use the standard VW centre box, that involved some cutting and welding to get the correct length needed.

If you're just fitting the system then it will bolt straight on.
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
ucar_u
In: Deep Black

Rising Blue Project

Post by ucar_u »

What did you had to cut and weld exactly? So it is not straight swap?

To keep the centre box you had to cut and weld the EUROJET downpipe shorter?

Is it only a direct fit of the downpipe if you chose to cut and delete the centre box? Apologies for the questions I just want make things clear.
James321
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

The eurojet sports cat was fitted after the downpipe, this was then fitted to the standard VW centre box, it was the length of the pipe coming off the eurojet cat that we cut down and re welded the flange so it fitted nicely with the standard centre box.
My exhaust is a bit of a hotchpotch of parts, eurojet downpipe into eurojet sports cat, standard centre box and pipe going into an akrapovic rear box.
It was too boomy without the centre box fitted.
Douggie1233
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box

Post by Douggie1233 »

Brilliant thread James! Do you remember where you got the super alloy wishbones from pal?
James321
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Hi Douggie, thanks.

I bought them from an ebay store in the UK, can't remember the name but fantastic service with next day delivery.

Looking at Stu's 500R thread, it looks like VWR (Volkswagen Racing) are selling the supalloy wishbones but branded as VWR parts.
Stu13R
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Post by Stu13R »

James321 wrote:Hi Douggie, thanks.

I bought them from an ebay store in the UK, can't remember the name but fantastic service with next day delivery.

Looking at Stu's 500R thread, it looks like VWR (Volkswagen Racing) are selling the supalloy wishbones but branded as VWR parts.
That wouldn't surprise me James as lots of so called manufacturers don't make anything. At least you know if VWR take them on they must be fairly decent.
James321
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Stu, I think all VWR kit is rebranded? Nothing wrong with it, they seem to pick the best of the available items and have them painted up in their colours.
Just out of interest, what do VWR charge for the wishbones and ball joints?
aNt9o

Post by aNt9o »

Hi James , you know the diameter of the Akrapovic??