Need a little help with sound system

Everything about the R for potential owners.
cavido
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Need a little help with sound system

Post by cavido »

Hi all. I need a little help. I own a scirocco r with a RCD510 radio and I want to install a subwoofer on it and keep the original radio. I know I have to buy an adapter to get the rca outputs, I just don't know where to wire the rem cable. Could somebody that have already experienced this problem, help me please?

I'm new to this forum so don't be to bad with me :p

(Sorry for my english, I'm portuguese)
Peacock8

Re: Need a little help with sound system

Post by Peacock8 »

You could buy a active sub that has a low pass filter. This would allow you to connect the signal on the subwoofer on the speakers cables in the backseat. Then you don´t have to alter anything with the rcd510.

Ørjan.
cavido

Post by cavido »

Ok thank you very much :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
cavido

Post by cavido »

I searched a little more and I saw pictures on google of a 75x terminal which is located near the fuse box on driver's side and this terminal is suppose to give power to accessories when the ignition is turned on. Anyone knows if it's safe if I connect the rem wire there? Thank's in advance.
bobsie
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by bobsie »

Will be fine... connect only the remote wire there, not any power wires. Power wires must be run directly to the battery, with an inline fuse connected.
Good Luck!
cavido

Post by cavido »

Thank's :) Anyone has a wiring diagram for the rcd510?

bobsie

Post by bobsie »

Check here http://www.my-gti.com/1313/volkswagen-r ... ssignments
Some very useful info there.
Paralla
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

I added the amp and sub below to my Dynaudio system. It's way too much for the small interior in the Roc.

If I did it again I would choose a 10 inch sub powered by a 500 watt amplifier rather than a 12 Inch sub powered by a 1000 watt amplifier and save myself some cash and boot space.

http://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/x-po ... 7/mrx-m110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/type ... 42/swr-t12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cavido

Post by cavido »

Thank you so much :) I already have the sub. It's a VIBE CBR 12" active sub. I had it on my old Golf III VR6 and I'm going to keep it ;) Today I tried to pull the positive cable from the battery to the boot but didn't find any "hole" on the engine compartment to pull it :( From where did you pull your positive cable?
Paralla
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

I ran the power cable across the engine bay cable tied to some pipes at the top rear side, near the base of the windscreen.

There is a big black rubber plug that you can just push out by hand behind the brake pedal, you can easily see it from inside the car. I pushed it out, drilled it so the cable was a nice tight fit so it would be waterproof, pulled the cable through the plug and then pushed the plug back into its hole.
cavido

Post by cavido »

Update: I got it sorted and the sub is up and running for a month now and I'm pretty satisfied with the final result ;) thank's for the help guys :)

eMiL-VR6
In: Indium Grey
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

Tell us how you did with the wiring and what kind of extras you need to buy :)
cavido

Post by cavido »

Hi ran the power cable trough a little hole in the engine compartment on the passenger side and then all the way to the boot also on the passenger side under the plastics of the door and the rca's and remote cable on the driver side. For the remote wire, I used a 3A fuse on an empty space in the fuse box for the ignition start. For the rca's, I bought an adapter to convert the highs from the speakers to the lows needed to the subwoofer. Now I have a good sound system ;)

Sorry for any spelling/gramatical errors. :P

pav555
In: Rising Blue
Options: -RNS 510
-Leather Seats
-Adaptive chassis control
-Multi-function steering wheel
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-19' lugano

Post by pav555 »

Hi guys, can anyone advise me which spare fuse slot is switched, to be used for the remote wire?
Many thanks in advance.
LiiLDR3W
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Indium Grey

Post by LiiLDR3W »

Hi guys,
I recently bought my scirocco and I already have a sub from my last car but I have no clue what adapted I need for rca's any help?
chelspeed
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

pav555 wrote:Hi guys, can anyone advise me which spare fuse slot is switched, to be used for the remote wire?
Many thanks in advance.
Fuse box details here http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =25&t=7403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I fitted a reversing camera to a MY13 R and the top row were ignition controlled. Slot 5 and 6 had the power supply rail fitted but no output wires or fuses. I connected using this method http://www.my-gti.com/601/addition-of-e ... t-fuse-box" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and repair wire V000 979 133 E for £3.65 from the main dealer.

But check with a multimeter first. Takes 2 secs and gives you confidence.

Hmmm just answered a 3 year old question. I wish people would say when they resurrect an old thread......
xtc250
Options: Factory Bluetooth Hands Free

Post by xtc250 »

I upgraded the sound system in my R and because i wanted to keep the stock head unit i bought an Audison Bit Ten. This takes all 4x of your speaker level outputs and puts them through a processor to give you a bit more control/refinement of your speakers. This may also be a consideration or someone who doesn't want to use an adapter to get line level outputs from their headunit.

Bit more information on the bit ten...

http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scirocco R in Rising Blue
Willyjay212
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: 19" alloys, remap stage 1, led lights, VAGCOM, blue interior lights, hid front head lights, after market stereo, subwoofer

Post by Willyjay212 »

Hey guys I'm having the same problem
A fella from halfords got a guy to come out fit my subwoofer company called hpc
But he said to me he couldn't fit the subwoofer because of twisted wiring (canvas wiring)
It's todo with the canbus?
And if he done it, it will start messing with like air bags abs and stuff like that eg make stuff like that not work
He basically told me my options was get a new head unit or
Something from vw that would cost like 150+pounds can't remember what it was
Could anyone help me and explain what I needa do here? Pretty ragin about it :/

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk