car stolen updated

Everything about the R for potential owners.
etotheip
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

car stolen updated

Post by etotheip »

Dear All,

My car was stolen earlier this morning and thanks to tracker was retrieved 30 minutes later. However, they took both keys as they asked me so kindly last night with the use of a friendly object :mad:

How much do you reckon it would cost to change locks?

Many thanks,

E.

One small point - how can you get in the car without the keys?
Last edited by etotheip on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still going strong =)
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: car stolen

Post by RW1 »

Bear in mind the immobiliser is also linked to the key fob..... Could have been cloned.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
etotheip
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

I hope not, they were only in the car a matter of minutes and left it just over 2 miles from where it was
Still going strong =)
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

God, unlucky.

Hope you'll get it sorted.
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Your insurers will probably require the immobiliser to be changed. Two locks, ignition barrel inc labour would I expect price out at around £300, tripple that including immobiliser.
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

Thanks for that and will my first job today
Still going strong =)
jonallen628
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Re: car stolen updated

Post by jonallen628 »

Sorry to hear this pal, hope you get stuff sorted. So they came in your house for the keys?
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

Yep, came in, armed and took both sets of keys. Luckily car has a tracker and was picked up by police 30 mins later. It's now a waiting game as I have ordered a key from VW.
Still going strong =)
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Sounds like you were dealing with a set of professionals. Came armed, wanted both keyfobs and only drove it 2 miles (so as not to get caught driving it) before dumping to see if it is quickly reclaimed i.e. has a tracker.
Well you might be in a waiting game now for for new keys etc. but not as long as you would be waiting for a new car and a payout from your insurance company.
I would suggest that that set of thieves will not be targeting your car again.
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

I hope so
Still going strong =)
Cool Hand Luke
Options: Leather interior, Sat Nav, Reversing Sensors, Climate Control, DSG Gearbox,
Foot Mats, Multi Function Steering Wheel, 18" Interlagos, Door Sills..

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

That's is bloody shocking, I hope you are okay, that is not something I would even have contemplated could happen. Hope your allright and you get you ROC sorted out without too much expense, what a world we live in people steel rather than work for a living like the rest of us :0(. All the best buddy..!!
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Shocking. I would have thought the Golf R was more desirable to these thugs (one of the reasons I chose the 'Roc over the Golf). Very worrying - hope you get sorted soon.
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

Thanks guys for those kind words
Still going strong =)
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

Car should be back today
Still going strong =)
JakeH

Post by JakeH »

sorry to hear about this mate. I've recently caught two dodgy scum bags on CCTV doing something to my car at 12.30am a few nights ago. looks like a guy and a woman and after making sure nobody's around, he kneals down at the front of the car on the drivers side and does something with a torch in his hand but cant tell on cam exactly what. then they both walk away quickly before she comes back 10 mins later and has another good look before walking off again. Absolute scum. There's no visible damage anywhere And the only thing I can think of that's around that area of the car is the towing bracket??

Just really un-nerved me at the moment as I've got a youg child in the house too and all sorts of things are going through my mind! Will they be back? What was he doing there? He obviously knew what he was doing as he went straight for that area.

Really f***s me off that we work hard to afford these small things in life just for someone to think they can take it from you whenever they want.
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

Got my car back now, thank the lord. The only damage was one alloy scuffed :( i know what you mean regarding working hard and then people taking whatever they want but I hope they are enjoying prison food :) :D :clap:
Still going strong =)
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

It's happened again :( as well as ran sacking the house for the keys
Still going strong =)
Bushiee

Post by Bushiee »

Thats shit mate, really feel for you, my house was burgled recently its awful knowing some scumbag has entered your property and been through everything you work hard for, i used to feel so safe and secure in my home but since then theyve taken away that feeling, absolute pricks!

I hope they get caught mate!
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

One out of three has been caught :)
Still going strong =)
Johlsson
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: * Premium Package
* Sports Package
* Titan Black (Catch up)
* Interlagos 8x18
* DynAudio
* Climatronic

Post by Johlsson »

etotheip wrote:One out of three has been caught :)
:yes: