Anyone lowered on Eibach Pro Springs?

Everything about the R for potential owners.

Anyone lowered on Eibach Pro Springs?

Postby 3t3p » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:36 am

I like Eibach's approach, modest lowering of 15mm front 10mm at the rear and designed to work with OEM dampers.
Only about £110 on eBay. I think as I'm a manual car I need the 1050kg front axle weight spring set? DSG is 1090kg?

I wouldn't want daily ride to suffer too much however!:) Would probably get anti lift fitted at same time as needs an alignment after lowering springs fitment.

Also how much mechanic time roughly to do all four springs?
3t3p

I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Re: Anyone lowered on Eibach Pro Springs?

Postby Angelod001 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:39 pm

I’m looking at those springs too, interested to hear if anyone has any experience with them.
Angelod001

In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, 19 inch wheels

Postby Angelod001 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Just had the Eibachs fitted this weekend. Loads of speed bumps where I live and I’m very happy with the results, very subtle but with the springs plus spacers the overall look is much better. Happy to post some pictures if anyone wants to see
Angelod001

In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, 19 inch wheels

Postby Zanic L3 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:44 am

Angelod001 wrote:Just had the Eibachs fitted this weekend. Loads of speed bumps where I live and I’m very happy with the results, very subtle but with the springs plus spacers the overall look is much better. Happy to post some pictures if anyone wants to see

Post them lol
Zanic L3

I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: MILTEK NON-RES CAT BACK!

Postby Crucifixzz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:28 pm

it's good value for money but the standard shock absorber (even DCC) can't cope with it well. standard shock absorber can travel too much
Crucifixzz

In: Reflex Silver
Options: Hybrid K04 Turbo by Loba

Postby Owen_R-Line_DSG » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:44 pm

I just got H&R 30-35mm Lowering Springs for both the front and rear. They make a massive difference to the look of the car but it's not too much, it rides really well and doesn't even catch on speed bums/humps. Obviously the suspension is a little stiffer but it's a lot better than I was expecting. Could still do long distance journeys on them no problem. My car is the Scirocco R-Line facelift with 19" alloys too. Genuinely very impressed with my H&R springs, causes me no inconvenience what so ever. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Owen_R-Line_DSG

I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White

Postby DubSteve68 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Owen_R-Line_DSG wrote:I just got H&R 30-35mm Lowering Springs for both the front and rear. They make a massive difference to the look of the car but it's not too much, it rides really well and doesn't even catch on speed bums/humps.

That's exactly how a Scirocco should look straight from the factory. It's funny, we're expected to assume manufacturers know what they're doing engineering-wise and yet for some reason nobody at VW seemed to notice how they'd hobbled the Scirocco's gorgeous coupe looks with springs better suited to an all-purpose family hatch. No doubt they made their choice as a concession to overall comfort which is what people want from a family hatch but it's not the sort of compromise people expect from a line of cars with sporting aspirations.

So close VW but don't worry, the community knows how to finish the job properly :D

Cheers, DubSteve
VCDS Dual-K and CAN ('94 - present) available for fellow VAG owners in North West - Burnley area
DubSteve68

In: Indium Grey
Options: PRL OFF! NEEDLE SWEEP ON!

Return to Scirocco R Talk