Possible R purchase

Everything about the R for potential owners.
willid80
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather Seats, Parking Sensors

Possible R purchase

Post by willid80 »

I currently drive a 10 plate Scirocco 1.4 twin charged but have had my eye on a 62 plate black R on eBay for a week now. I really want it, I have the money and have already thrown a cheeky offer of 11k. He's got it up for 12k Ono. My only reservations are the DSG box(is it reliable ) and the mileage is just over 25k which is extremely low. Seems like a bargain to me I'm just looking for some advice on what they are like to own ?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Possible R purchase

Post by Cuprabob »

I wouldn't worry too much about the DSG. On the whole they are reliable but do require an oil and filter change at 40k miles. As it's a low mileage car, I personally would budget a couple of hundred quid to have it changed, if it hasn't been done within the last 4 years.

Also, it is recommended that the cambelt, tensioner and water pump are replaced every 5 years irrespective of mileage therefore it should have been done in 2017.
willid80
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Leather Seats, Parking Sensors

Post by willid80 »

Thanks for the advice. I asked the seller about both the DSG service and cambelt, tensioner and water pump and he just came back advising that this doesn't need to be done because of the mileage. Obviously we all know that mileage isn't the only factor and due to the car being 7 years old things deteriate with age. I'm just wondering is it worth paying nearly 12 k for the car and then have another bill for nearly a grand on top.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I would use the fact they had not been done to further negotiate the price and refer them to this link.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/ ... elt-change" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck...
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

pretty par the course pricing tbh.

don't forget you're getting an incredible (fast) car for the money! 30k+ new

so so it, different planet than the other sciroccos is the R