Reaquainted

Everything about the R for potential owners.

Reaquainted

Postby finetrond » Sun May 12, 2019 1:15 pm

Hello.

Had an accident in my car, so i got to loan my old R for a week. Having a more powerful car makes it seem as it needs some more power. Reading up on stage 2+ bits.
Seen some new stuff since last. Turbo muffler, is that a EA888 thing or is it for EA113 also?
A chav BOV is right up my alley too,
The car needs a serious clean, surface rust on the wheels, brown on interior parts that does not get clean by a simple wipe down at the car wash.
Headlights have a lot of surface micro cracks all over and some thru cracks in corner.
Changing the lenses seems like a difficult task, but that would allow me to paint the "chrome" rings . Aftermarket headlight assembly cost a bit, but would give a new look if selecting something different. Alas it is not my car anymore

If I could get it back I would, having it as a second car would allow some upgrades that I wanted to do before. I got a deal before you see. "No mods, and you can buy a new car that you want"
The R has been passed on to the next generation. Hard to see it with more battle scars than a gladiator. But when the roof goes away on the replacement it is all good. M4 Convertible.
finetrond

Re: Reaquainted

Postby finetrond » Tue May 14, 2019 4:11 am

So last day with the R this time.
Still a great drive, still a looker.
Everybody driving bigger cars here always think its just another small car for poor people that can afford the entry level SUV they are driving. So I feel obliged to leave them in the rear view mirror.

I wish the manual shift using the stick was the other way, pull back for up shift, and it was lighter with a more tactile feeling. With a little "click" at the end of movement.
Oh and the suspension is, how do you say, unforgiving. Well on uneven surface as it is for a bit of the drive to work. Back roads on the way home today???
The R has been passed on to the next generation. Hard to see it with more battle scars than a gladiator. But when the roof goes away on the replacement it is all good. M4 Convertible.
finetrond

Return to Scirocco R Talk