On the lookout for an R

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Desmodromic
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box

On the lookout for an R

Post by Desmodromic »

As the title suggests I’m on the lookout for an R. Must be:

2.0l
Manual
Viper Green
Not to old. Maybe no later than 6 years
Not to many miles. 60,000 miles max

Can’t see any on the internet. Appreciate someone letting me know if they know of one.
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: On the lookout for an R

Post by Phil »

That's a very specific requirement on one of the rarer colours. I've found a blinding one on autotrader but it's got DSG, which I think you should consider as DSG is brilliant.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 9hp&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil
Desmodromic

Post by Desmodromic »

Yes I saw that and if it were manual I’d have bought it. The missus wants manual again. I’ve got DCT on my M3 and like it. Hers is a seized 2.0tsi so looking for an R which I think has a different engine variant
RoccoTom
In: Indium Grey
Options: Cruise control
Auto folding mirrors
'R' side sill strips
Luxury mats

Post by RoccoTom »

Something to bear in mind, in case you didn't already know, is that VW stopped producing the R in viper green around early 2016 (at the point where they introduced ultra violet instead). So you won't find any viper green Rs that are less than about 2.5 years old.

Good luck with the search!

Tom
Desmodromic

Post by Desmodromic »

2.5 years and a bit beyond would be perfect Tom and thanks
3t3p
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

Apart from mine i've only ever seen ONE viper green R:D

Interestingly I am thinking of selling mine this year to move into an M2 as per the other thread. I still need to save more though before I can make the transition, am aiming for summer.

My car is 2010, 67,000miles, manual, Dynaudio, Stage 1 R-Tech rolling road remap, brembo high carbon OEM style discs with EBC yellowstuff pads with 2000 miles on them, PS4S all round >6mm all tyres, forge twintake air intake, leather heated seats, LED bulbs in interior, OSRAM cool blue intense Xenons, full VW service history, cambelt done 2.5 years ago or thereabouts, car aligned under one year ago on hunter system.
jordan16216
In: Rising Blue
Options: Scorpion full cat back, stage 2+ revo remap, forge intercooler, adjustable rear springs, 19 inch Michelin supersports and alloys.

Post by jordan16216 »

Looking to sell my blue R. 2010 model, 85000 miles, full scorpion cat back system, Forge dump valve, Forge intercooler, stage 2+ remap, 19" wheels, xenon headlights. Lots more mods and can message the rest if interested plus I have receipts to prove each one. Open to good offers.