Putting down the power at last, Michelin PS 4S

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Putting down the power at last, Michelin PS 4S

Post by Cuprabob »

After a bulge appeared on the sidewall on one of my half worn P Zeros, I decided to put a pair of PS4Ss on the front of my Scirocco. Initial impressions are very positive.

Although I was initially going to buy them from Camskill, I ended up buying them from Blackcircles as they were slightly cheaper as they had £15 off if you buy 2 and £40 off if you buy 4. Worked out at £142 each delivered for 235/35x19.
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

Luckily.my phone remembered the code 2mich15
I think 4mich40 is the other one on blackcircles? I've used them for the fronts and rears competitive pricing these days and delivery to a garage, so much more convenient (yeah I've missed a tyre delivery before, what a PITA).

I have started to notice what some reviewers say about tramlining. You only notice this on a motorway at speed. Best way I can describe it is you feel like there's a bit of wind when there isn't.
Nothing severe but it is a bit strange.

Still the turn in, comfort and GRIP are well.wprth it.
Having gone stage 1 now with 314bhp at the wheels I can now break traction, but feeding it in smoothly the tyre takes it and propels you forward.
Not yet really tried them in the rain but sure they'll be outstanding with the dual compound construction and I bet they're ok in winter too:)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
3t3p
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

We'll have had a chance to test them in the rain, mind blown.
Absolutely amazing almost as though you are driving in the dry.
This is for lateral grip and even aggressively putting power down you can still do it.
I'd say it's probably 80% of the asymmetric 3s performance in the dry but in the WET.
Phenomenal

Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I'm loving them too :)
3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

PS 4S on all four corners now, honestly its like its had an alignment and a small tweak. The car is just more planted, even in a straight line and the turn in is like its had a small suspension geometry adjustment for the better.

Yes I am waxing lyrical, because it's all true!
Villy
I drive a: R-Line
With a: DSG box
Options: 19 inch wheels, moon roof, leather seats

Post by Villy »

These tyres sound great. Are you finding that they are wearing really quickly? I have heard that you are having to change them very frequently.
3t3p

Post by 3t3p »

They're among the longest lasting tyres out there. I've only just put them on my car really