stage 1

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Richie.T

stage 1

Post by Richie.T »

hello every one I've had my R mapped at statllers the other day with a Giac stage 1 tune it pulls really strong, On the dyno it made 312hp I was gonna go R tech but changed my mind. With an induction kit I should see 320-330 hp just need one to pop up in the for sale section ;)
Boydie
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Cloth R Logo Sports Seats
Dynaudio sound system
RCD510 touch screen
Xenons with coming home function
Footwell lights
Media Pack
Privacy Glass
FBMFSW

Re: stage 1

Post by Boydie »

Happy days - yeah they respond very well to a map and breathing mods

I had the ITG intake on my S3 which gained an extra 9-11bhp however, I changed it to a Revo Race intake when they became available and it was drawing a further 9g/s more air than the ITG which equates to 1.2bhp per g/s so roughly 12bhp extra on top

Hold out for a Revo intake IMO!! :)
mond2k
In: Pure White

Post by mond2k »

You wont see 320/330 with just an airfilter, your exhaust is too restrictive. I have full system and Evoms which made 335 and apparently with a full exhaust and filter they should only make 320.
Boydie
In: Viper Green
Options: Cloth R Logo Sports Seats
Dynaudio sound system
RCD510 touch screen
Xenons with coming home function
Footwell lights
Media Pack
Privacy Glass
FBMFSW

Post by Boydie »

Don't always believe rolling road figures but stick to the same rolling road if you plan any more mods

Get a baseline with stock power

Then another run with the map

Get another run with the map prior to installing the intake and then another after to see if any difference

You can manipulate the rolling road to read what ever you want, my stage 1 S3 on a RR was 335bhp, I laughed at the man when he told me. My mates stock S3 was up shortly after and read 310bhp lol

As long as you increase per mod, overall BHP doesn't really matter really.
mond2k
In: Pure White

Post by mond2k »

Mind RR standard at 290 but then mapped only made 305 and gained 40lbf clearly shows how throttles the exhaust and breathing is.
Richie.T

Post by Richie.T »

I never got a dyno before it was mapped it was a last minute thing only went there to have my cambelt service and ended up leaving with a map :shake: . would I notice a difference by adding an induction kit to my stage 1 map. And is there anybody else on hear running a Giac map