Is it sad...

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
adamj
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Is it sad...

Post by adamj »

That I am really excited about washing and waxing my Scirocco for the first time?
iroc
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: Is it sad...

Post by iroc »

YES :lol:
danwuk
In: Candy White
Options: Flat Tyre warning, Leather, Cruise, Mats

Post by danwuk »

not at all im the same and i haven't even collected mine yet
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

I'm sadder I went to VW and bought every cleaning product they sell because i will only use VW products on it lol, I also put my wash mitts in the washing machine after I have cleaned the car which happens every sat morning without fail, bearing in mind it doesnt move during the week lol

I'm on the look out for a cover to put over her for when she is not being used!
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

CTRnutter wrote:I'm sadder I went to VW and bought every cleaning product they sell because i will only use VW products on it lol, I also put my wash mitts in the washing machine after I have cleaned the car which happens every sat morning without fail, bearing in mind it doesnt move during the week lol

That is truly sad, and shows little knowledge about car care if you think that VW branded crap is the best you can use. . . .
andymac

Post by andymac »

Who makes the VW stuff? I know its not as good as some you can buy
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

adamj wrote:That I am really excited about washing and waxing my Scirocco for the first time?
I washed and waxed mine this morning and really enjoyed it too :nod:
CTRnutter
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

Andy-GTI wrote:
CTRnutter wrote:I'm sadder I went to VW and bought every cleaning product they sell because i will only use VW products on it lol, I also put my wash mitts in the washing machine after I have cleaned the car which happens every sat morning without fail, bearing in mind it doesnt move during the week lol

That is truly sad, and shows little knowledge about car care if you think that VW branded crap is the best you can use. . . .
LOL my Zymol kit I had for the S2000 is all used up and I'm past spending nearly 1k on cleaning products, and the VW wash isn't crap! I'll dig out my old detailing thread on the MLR where I compared Maguiars to Zymol and the use of carnuba wax after full clay bar treatment :p , but my polisher days are well and truely past ;) :) also the wheel cleaner VW have as far as cost goes is a very reasonable product as its very low on corrosion 8)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I've never had so much enjoyment washing a car so I don't think it's sad :yes:

I'm waiting on the summer when I can spend more time on it :clap:

3 weeks in and this thing is still turning heads around my area.
CTRnutter

Post by CTRnutter »

rehmondo wrote:I've never had so much enjoyment washing a car so I don't think it's sad :yes:

I'm waiting on the summer when I can spend more time on it :clap:

3 weeks in and this thing is still turning heads around my area.
I know that feeling, because it draws so much attention you want it looking nice and clean :)
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

I pay a fiver and have it hand washed and a very good job too! :)

By the way, I did get some sort of free cleaning kit from my dealer when I picked up the car
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

I managed to hold on for a whole day before i was up and at it applying the first of many layers of the latest type of cleaning product. I would highly recommend it as well... Werkstat Acrylic Kit bought online from http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk Excellent service as well. ordered on Sunday delivered Tuesday morning.
If you want to see what these guys do go take a look on http://www.audi-sport.net to see some of the detailing jobs they have done. Stunning..

Now where's me microfibre polishing towel :shake: :shake: :shake:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
adamj
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

I washed and waxed the roc all day saturday had a great time and the roc looked great - untill this morning when I got my first huge stonechip :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

I could never describe spending all day washing my car as having a great time but each to their own... ;)

So have you guys always enjoyed washing your cars, or is it just because it’s the Roc?

By the way, mine had the special VW treatment before I picked it up, and I was told no need to polish- wax it, is this true?
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

By the way, mine had the special VW treatment before I picked it up, and I was told no need to polish- wax it, is this true?[/quote]

Mine never had this treatment. If i want i don't have to polish mine either :lol:

Seriously. What this treatment does is to fill all the imperfections in the paint to leave a smooth finish.( if you looked at the paint beforehand through a microscope the finish looks like an acne faced teenager) therefore the dirt should float off of it much easier and make it easier to clean and not require waxing/polishing as often. That said. if you get a scratch on it you will have a right old job to polish it out as the sealent they use sets like concrete..
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

I go to Costco for all of my car cleaning equipment. They have some of the softest microfibre cloths at £14 for a 24 pack. Thats plenty for inside and out. Their "Mer" is about 1/2 price compared to the car chains and the bodywork is like a mirror afterwards.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
atitlan
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Leather

Post by atitlan »

I've still got 4 or 5 weeks to wait for mine, so with no car related outgoings I thought it was a good time to stock up on some wash/wax products.

I've got the Blackfire kit waiting for when my Scirocco arrives. Needless to say I'm looking forward to seeing how it makes the car look.

I guess that puts me in the "I don't think it's sad" category ... :)
adamj

Post by adamj »

maisbitt wrote:I go to Costco for all of my car cleaning equipment. They have some of the softest microfibre cloths at £14 for a 24 pack. Thats plenty for inside and out. Their "Mer" is about 1/2 price compared to the car chains and the bodywork is like a mirror afterwards.
I swear by those Costo mirobibre cloths!
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

Have you tried the Costco wash mitts and the hairy sponges (microfibre) they're very good and only £10 for 4 so good value too, I agree the yellow cloths are excellent for buffing up.

Last time I was in they had microfibre drying towels claiming to be better than a chamois, hmmm...:rolleyes:
Geoff Hibbert
Options: Sat Nav, 18" Charleston Wheels, 15mm Eibach Spacers, Cruise, couple of doors, a few tyres, hammerite calipers (chavtatsic) exhaust pipe things too and a silvery GT badge.

Post by Geoff Hibbert »

I cleaned mine the day after I got it. I have also cleaned it twice some weekends!!! LOL

I love cleaning it, although I do have OCD!!