First time detailing

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
SciroccoCW
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
With a: Manual box
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

First time detailing

Post by SciroccoCW »

So I bought a Scirocco last Friday.. I have never hand cleaned my cars and now the time has come! :hyper:

Went on Amazon and spent £160 :fall: on the essentials..

- Many microfibre clothes

- Micro fibre towels

- Micro fibre polish applicators

- Sponge Polish applicators

- Foam spray nozzle adapter

- Bilt Hamber Auto Foam

- Auto Glym Vinyl And Rubber Care

- Auto Glym Super Resin Polish

- CarPro TRIX Iron & Tar Remover

- PoorBoys Wheel Sealant

- Bilt Hamber Auto Clay

- Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax

- C2 Liquid Crystal by GTECHNIQ

And then the much needed guide:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index ... ic=74892.0
Wax Planet
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Ultra Violet
With a: DSG box

Re: First time detailing

Post by Wax Planet »

Take your time, enjoy detailing the car, check out the 2 bucket wash method on youtube to save swirls from sponges and chamois etc. You can spend thousands on car care products so check out reviews of each one before you stump up your hard earned cash.
SciroccoCW
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Post by SciroccoCW »

Yes I checked out reviews and forums for everything I purchased. One thing I need to get is a proper snow foam lance, Autobrite I'm thinking
Wax Planet

Post by Wax Planet »

try the lance from monstershine, so much cheaper and exactly the same, your on the right lines with the bilt hammer auto foam, superb stuff and it doesn't need to be thick like some of the others to clean
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Thats a lot cheaper! But I have a Vax pressure washer so I don't think any of the lances will fit it :( really don't want to buy another pressure washer. I've been using the crappy foam adapter that came with the Vax so far :/
Wax Planet

Post by Wax Planet »

drop stephen a mail at monster shine, they have loads of different adaptors for different pressure washers
SciroccoCW

Post by SciroccoCW »

Oh nice, thanks!