Candy White what do i need?

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
Pr27
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Neuspeed P-flo induction, infinity exhaust.

Candy White what do i need?

Post by Pr27 »

Hi everybody!

Need some help if poss. I have just bought a candy white scirocco and i have only cleaned it once (had it a week) just using meguiars gold standard then using AF tripple.
I am wanting to start properly detailing this thing now and need some advice on what to buy for the best set up. After doing alot of research it seems there are millions of different options.
My plan is to use all Auto Finesse products but please say if there are better reccomended.

I was going to purchase:
-Lather shampoo
-Clay bar it and use Iron out
- tough prep
-tough coat
This is aimed just for the winter, i plan on buying their illusion wax for when summer comes next year.

Is this a good enough set up or is there any better ways?
rpsmith79
With a: Manual box

Re: Candy White what do i need?

Post by rpsmith79 »

Everyone will offer different advice, but having bought my Candy White earlier in the year i know you feel, as it was my first ever white car

My setup is as follows

Clay bar
Machine polish with Megs Dual Action Cleaner Polish
Machine polish with Megs Mirror Glaze
And as i prefer a more water repellent coating, i went for Wolf Chemicals Nano Coat, but that was what i had lying around from previous cars

Personally i don't rate Wax too highly, unless you are off to a show, but for every day use i prefer something hard wearing that will help bead water and road muck off my car

I am now out of Wolf Chemical Nano Coat, so will be looking for something else in the near future ready for Winter prep

Not a bad result, though not easy to photograph a white car, especially to show the shine on it

ImageScirocco by Richard Smith, on Flickr
Pr27

Post by Pr27 »

Nice job mate! I dont have a machine polish though and i havnt used one before so wouldnt want to do more damage than good? Did you just go at the car with one without any experience??

Thats why thought for winter go for tough prep and coat with Auto finesse. But at the same time i hear collinite 476 i think it is is meant to be awesome for protection in that respect .

Id post a pic of mine but it wont let me upload on here for some reason
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

I use a random orbital polisher, much safer than a bog standard machine polisher, you'd have to be a complete numpty to burn through the paint with one of these, slightly more expensive than a bog standard one though, but worth its weight in gold IMO
Pr27

Post by Pr27 »

What one do you have mate? Could you send a link?
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

This is the one i got

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing ... at_71.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've had mine a while now, but bought one of the bundle deals with polish and pads, doesn't look like they do a Meg bundle now, but it should last you a life time really, i've had mine about 5 years now and done several cars several times with it