Window Tinting Confusion

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
harrynorfolk
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Urano Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Front and Rear parking sensors

Window Tinting Confusion

Post by harrynorfolk »

Hello Guys,

Im picking up my new scirocco early september and taking it to get its tints done the day after. I know you're only aloud about 30% darkened on the front but i would like to know and maybe see some pics of what use got on the front and back as i'm curious to what looks better. I've been told dark looks better but i think a little lighter looks cleaner so i'm stuck!

I've gone for atm: 50% on the front and 80% on the back ....

PLEASE HELP :)
Firstcarscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Re: Window Tinting Confusion

Post by Firstcarscirocco »

Following
Paddy_R
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by Paddy_R »

Anything more than a 30% tint on the windows in front of the B piller is illegal, and if stopped by the wrong cop could very easily be deemed as 'driving a vehicle in a dangerous condition'. The windows will already have a tint in them, it's usually around 10-15% on factory glass (that's on so called untinted factory glass by the way) so by putting a 50% tint film on top of that will make them dark and very obvious to any police around. I know any of the reputable tinters around me won't tint front windows as its not worth the hassle.
dan999
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: 210PS
Bi Xenon Headlights

Post by dan999 »

The spec for GT and above is 65% tint from the B-pillar back, or 90% on the "Black" models. This is an option on other models.

In the UK the front windscreen must let at least 75% light through and the side windows must allow 70% through - therefore using the same spec tint on all windows would be an offence.