TFR

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
Roc Hopper
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box
Options: CC RPS
Focal 165 VRS Fronts
HBK Sills and chrome fog rings
La Prealpina Aero Roof Bars off for now
Bluetooth done now
Chrome exhaust tips (yeti)
Recessed front plate

TFR

Post by Roc Hopper »

Ok another mini report from the cleaning stables of RH
This time following some spectacular reviews on Detailing World - a Mecca for us clean types I'd like to share with you my two most recent acquisitions
As you know winter is a BAD time for those of us with OCD so I was keen to try Power Maxed TFR (traffic film remover) for myself - touching paint is not your friend which is why we snow foam and as much fun as that is it it can be a right faff !
Powermaxed TFR comes in 1ltr pre diluted and 2.5, 5 or 25ltr concentrate. At a 1:9 mix (100ml in a litre) it is completed safe for your wax or sealant (LSP) . It sprays on with a hand pressure pump and approx 3/4 of a litre gives a generous coating over the whole vehicle. Like Snow Foam it likes to dwell on paint for around 5 minutes and when attacked with a pressure washer on medium spray it pretty much renders a second wash (two bucket or whatever) irrelevant.

Walter was pretty dirty Friday following approx 100 miles of driving through rainy B roads - I should have taken a picture I know forgive me but following a spray with TFR and a blow off with the hose he was pretty much tip top.
A dry and some QD and he looked like a new pin. Walters current LSP is soft fusso dark king of gloss and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer
Monday after rain and a trip to the Excel I gave him a second going over (because I hate to leave him dirty all week) using just 300ml or so and after blowing him off with the Karcher his beading was still exemplary, finish silky smooth and visibly glorious !

I also attacked Mrs Hoppers Mazda 3 which had spent a rainy week travelling to various stables in East Kent and looked like it needed ploughing - it's LSP was soft fusso dark as Walters and the TFR did a good job but needed a second coating to get it looking its best, again pretty darned happy with the results save knowing it needs a really good clay and polish this coming spring !
Finally my trusty works Transporter was utterly filthy - I mean like a hippo , weeks of ground on mud 900 miles a week plus, and a lot of muddy B roads and single track and the TFR rendered it acceptable at first pass ( some hazing on drying ) and clean on second.

For £7.99 per litre what have you got to lose (except dirt :) ) but the real bargain is the 5ltr concentrate as you will use the 1 LHR first time out, guaranteed . £16.99 for 5 litres gets you 50 litres of an excellent product which minimises you touching and therefore potentially marring your paint ! What's not to like ?
Further more Wayne at PM is very keen to help and if you're a DW user you'll nab a 25% discount by signing up to their news letter. Their customer service is top notch too - that's all folks happy polishing
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: TFR

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Excellent review mate. And one of many I have read about power maxed tfr. Your right its getting mad reviews on detailing world. Definitely something I want to try soon as I have cleared all my gear out. I knew you would buy some being ocd and all that. Also sonax bsd is my favourite qd at to so good choice.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)