Question for HantsMan ref Autoglym .......

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
Bagwafu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Question for HantsMan ref Autoglym .......

Post by Bagwafu »

Hi

Noticed from your signature you have had the Autoglym - can you gives us any initial feedback on it?

And did you get your car in Hampshire ? - I had a look at the manual at Cooper's in Hedge End and the lovely Black DSG at Breeze in Shirley.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Re: Question for HantsMan ref Autoglym .......

Post by Andy-GTI »

Its garbage :no:
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Post by Bagwafu »

Interesting you say that as my Boss had it done on his better half's Golf and said it was awesome. What in your view makes it garbage? I'm sitting on the fence, I have ordered it but can easily cancel.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Anything that describes itself as 'lifeshine' and requires no maintenance for 10 years is going to be utter garbage.

If you even have a remote interest in your car you will be washing it and polishing/waxing it on a fairly regular basis anyway, which is better protection than some crap dealer applied coating.

I would certainly never ever put it on any of my paint.
HantsMan

Post by HantsMan »

Bagwafu wrote:Hi

Noticed from your signature you have had the Autoglym - can you gives us any initial feedback on it?

And did you get your car in Hampshire ? - I had a look at the manual at Cooper's in Hedge End and the lovely Black DSG at Breeze in Shirley.
Mine was from Hedge End (10 Miles from me) Only having the car a week can't comment that much. Is shiney and the water beads of the screen and body very well. I had a similar system on my previous car and only cleaned it about four time :eyepop: Always came up like new. I didn't pay the £299 just £99.

I'm not one of these sad people that feel the need to wash the car every weekend. It's your choice
Last edited by HantsMan on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bagwafu

Post by Bagwafu »

Thanks for the feedback HantsMan.
danwuk
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Flat Tyre warning, Leather, Cruise, Mats

Post by danwuk »

does nothing more than a good polish and a £20 tin of wax as far as i can tell.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

I have had it put on mine too, mainly for the interior as I hate any products in the cabin other than a Hoover and a static duster! As far as the body work goes it’s worth it if you don’t want the hassle of waxing, I tend to use a decent car shampoo and a nice wash mitt rinse it off and leather down, in summer I might apply a light polish (non resin based), and the wheels only need gentle agitation with a non acid based (defo stay away from wonder wheels) alloy cleaner.

When this product is on the car it does make the whole affair a lot simpler, dirt and bugs don’t seem to bond with the paint work, albeit I believe it’s only any good for the first 18 months then the clay bar will be out, and I certainly wouldn’t pay £299.00 for it, because it is a gimmick to a certain extent. But seeing as I paid half that and winter is upon us it’ll save me this winter from waxing in the cold lol just going to make sure I pressure wash under the arches well and make sure inner rim of the alloy is cleaned
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
dchuraman
In: Rising Blue

Post by dchuraman »

i dont have my car yet, but my dealer last week agreed to give me the protection for free, so i went for it, i do like to have a clean car but in the winter is always hard work to get out and wash, dry, polish etc, so hopefully itll make it a bit easier to keep it clean.
coanda
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Pano Roof
Dynaudio
Truffle Leather
MDI
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by coanda »

I intend to probably have the interior scotchguarded but the exterior I plan to get stonechip/scratch protected using venturefilm or similar - anyone had that yet?
HantsMan

Post by HantsMan »

coanda wrote:I intend to probably have the interior scotchguarded but the exterior I plan to get stonechip/scratch protected using venturefilm or similar - anyone had that yet?
I heard mixed opinions on the film just like the autoglym. Mostly yellowing and edge curl and you can see the edges as they only cover small part of the bonnet.