Snow foam!

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
stono
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro seats, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Car-Net, Electric Folding Mirrors

Snow foam!

Post by stono »

Got my karcher and lance today.
Such fun.
Guess the colour of my rocco ha

whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: Snow foam!

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

It is fun. But don't do what I did. I snowfoamed car without checking that the windows was locked. They had dropped for some reason. I snowfoamed whole at to then see that it was leaking in. Running down passenger door and on leather seats. I almost had a heart attack lol.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
stono
Options: Recaro seats, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Car-Net, Electric Folding Mirrors

Post by stono »

Oh dear hahaha!
Jay Scott
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Leather Interior, Winter Pack

Post by Jay Scott »

The neighbours always look at me like I'm crazy when I get the snow foam out haha....what Foam did you use mate?
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

stono wrote:Oh dear hahaha!
Yep. I'm just glad that I used normal autobrite magifoam. I was going to use autobrites blue magifoam. Now that would of gave me a heart attack
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
stono

Post by stono »

I used this apparently ph neutral http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php ... ductId=370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It worked really well actually, however wasn't quite tough enough to deal with some of the grime that's built up recently... gonna order myself something stronger for next time I want to strip the car (including the wax) ha
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

stono wrote:I used this apparently ph neutral http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php ... ductId=370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It worked really well actually, however wasn't quite tough enough to deal with some of the grime that's built up recently...
I had the same issue with my foam too until I got some Valet Pro Citrus Pre-wash. Dilute with water and spray it on. Wait a few minutes then foam the car. Wait another 5 - 10 minutes and pressure wash clean.
The 2 combined get so much more ingrained grime off the car and mine's a Candy. The Pre-wash is wax friendly too :yes:

A more aggressive foam will strip all your wax off and a more powerful pressure washer will do your paintwork no favours.
Jay Scott
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Leather Interior, Winter Pack

Post by Jay Scott »

ZephyR wrote: I had the same issue with my foam too until I got some Valet Pro Citrus Pre-wash. Dilute with water and spray it on. Wait a few minutes then foam the car. Wait another 5 - 10 minutes and pressure wash clean.
The 2 combined get so much more ingrained grime off the car and mine's a Candy. The Pre-wash is wax friendly too :yes:
Interesting tip, I'll have to give that a try...I've mixed Snow Foams with various APC's and Degreasers with varying levels of success.

I'm currently using Auto Finesse Avalanche snow foam which I've been quite impressed with the amount of crap it shifts, but its quite thin so it doesnt hang around as long as other Snow Foams...I also have Autobrite Magifoam which also cleans very well and can be sprayed extremely thickly...but I find it is sometimes a little too thick so even after rinsing off (and then washing & rinsing again!), I still find left over foam in various panel gaps or intricate areas which can be a bit of a pain!
stono

Post by stono »

ZephyR wrote:
stono wrote:I used this apparently ph neutral http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php ... ductId=370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It worked really well actually, however wasn't quite tough enough to deal with some of the grime that's built up recently...
I had the same issue with my foam too until I got some Valet Pro Citrus Pre-wash. Dilute with water and spray it on. Wait a few minutes then foam the car. Wait another 5 - 10 minutes and pressure wash clean.

A more aggressive foam will strip all your wax off and a more powerful pressure washer will do your paintwork no favours.
Will give it a go cheers mate!!
jord
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Indium Grey

Post by jord »

What lance do you guys use for snow foam?

Thanks
Pete_Tong
In: Deep Black

Post by Pete_Tong »

I use karcher adjustable nozzle

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Karcher-HD-HD ... 5afb158d70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and for the foam use

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ValetPRO-pH-N ... 3ce37941e2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its like a thick cream all over the car and works a treat !

Id upload some pics but im a new user and a complete internet tard !

Love detailing and stuff great way to get rid of some aggression !

Hope this helps

Matt
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Jay Scott wrote:The neighbours always look at me like I'm crazy when I get the snow foam out haha....
LOL ! - Yes ! , me too !

This is my Friday afternoon regime - Rinse , Snowfoam , Rinse , Wash with Meg's Gold Class (2 bucket method) , Rinse , spray with Autoglym Aqua Wax, then dry / buff with a microfibre towel.

I've been using Valet-Pro advance neutral snow foam for a good while now on my Candy White and i have to say - I'm not overly impressed :(
Sure , together with my Autobrite Lance , it goes on very thick and creamy , and hangs on the car for a good while - but it's actual 'cleaning' performance isn't massively impressive :no:

I'm still only halfway through the 5l bottle at the mo , and would welcome some tried and tested recommendations ;)

Lee
Pete_Tong

Post by Pete_Tong »

As I say I only use Valet pro now as for price vs cleaning performance I find it excellent !

I have used 2 others in the past that were a bit more expensive but very good

1. Auto Finesse Snow Foam - 30 quid for 5l is alot when your washing your car 3-5 times a week !
2. Espuma - goes on thick but as you said about advanced pro the cleaning performance was less than desirable !

My brother uses some cheap shite off Amazon like 29 quid for 20l and he says its fantastic ! I wouldn't touch anything without a label on though !

Each and every man to his own I suppose - a bit like women we all have our own desired tastes

Matt
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

^^^^ Washing your car 3-5 times a week? Really lol?
Strange becuase valet pro snow foam usually gets good feedback.

I have used
Angelwax snowfoam
Autobrite magifoam
Autobrite superfoam
auto finesse avalanche
Car chem snow foam.

Car chem is the best out of the lot in my opinion.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
uklee
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:.......Strange becuase valet pro snow foam usually gets good feedback....
Yeah i know , that why i bought it ! , i don't know if i've got unreasonable expectations ( i am a self confessed fussy bugger) , it's just that it doesn't actually appear to shift much muck !
I've learned my lesson though - next time i'll buy a 1ltr bottle so's i can trial it .

Lee
Pete_Tong

Post by Pete_Tong »

I only give it a quick snow foam wash every night after work if it gets shitty - Its black with black alloys and looks a right bloody dust trap in summer hate people looking at me thinking I dont take care of my car !

When i used to be a biker id have the whole bike in parts once a week cleaning with a toothbrush ! My Mrs hated me so hence i sold the bike and got a roc !

Kind of OCD i suppose bit of a weirdo i know !

Matt
uklee

Post by uklee »

Pete_Tong wrote:.....When i used to be a biker id have the whole bike in parts once a week cleaning with a toothbrush ! My Mrs hated me so hence i sold the bike and got a roc !

Kind of OCD i suppose bit of a weirdo i know !

Matt
Matt , you're only a weirdo because you sold the bike :shake:

Before my bike goes anywhere - I'd sell the missus first........ :nod:

lol

(Dont tell her i said that - will you ? :lol: )
Rob
In: Salsa Red
Options: Scirocco's gone!

Post by Rob »

Lee give this stuff a go, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141314180278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; used it for the first time yesterday and although it didn't foam as much as if hoped, it not half cleaned the car!!
Pete_Tong

Post by Pete_Tong »

Hahahahah Never !

Had Several Gsxr 1000's but after playing rugby completely fluffed my knees up was getting a little too hard on the knees so thought id give it up while trying to get them back into shape !

Loved the roc's from the Mk1s and always promised myself one if i sold the bikes hence why i'm here !

looking to get a s1000rr next year though :clap: (don't tell the mrs she thinks were gonna get married instead!)

Matt
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Rob wrote:Lee give this stuff a go, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141314180278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; used it for the first time yesterday and although it didn't foam as much as if hoped, it not half cleaned the car!!
Not used that but it gets very good feedback on detailing world
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)