Tyre cleaner

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
VillaJ100
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Tyre cleaner

Post by VillaJ100 »

Hi all!

I've had my scirocco for a couple of weeks now and loving it. Unfortunately my job requires me to drive onto construction sites a lot of the time... Usually with a primitive 'car park'. This has left an unsightly film of dirt on the edge of my tyres, so I just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat or what tyre cleaners other people use to get them shiny and black again? I've heard that some can damage your tyre and i don't want that!

Cheers
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Tyre cleaner

Post by Cuprabob »

First world problems:-)

I've used Armorall Tyre Foam in the past and it cleaned the tyres quite well.

http://www.armorall.com/products/tires/tire-foam" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Available from all good retailers and Halfords.
VillaJ100
In: Salsa Red

Post by VillaJ100 »

Nice one Cuprabob that looks just the ticket :)
joe_con19
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet

Post by joe_con19 »

VillaJ100 wrote:Hi all!

I've had my scirocco for a couple of weeks now and loving it. Unfortunately my job requires me to drive onto construction sites a lot of the time... Usually with a primitive 'car park'. This has left an unsightly film of dirt on the edge of my tyres, so I just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat or what tyre cleaners other people use to get them shiny and black again? I've heard that some can damage your tyre and i don't want that!

Cheers
Maybe a bit late but before using a dressing get yourself some britemax grimeout n dilute to about 7:1 and use that for cleaning your tyres first give them a rub with a brush then id recommend gyeon for your tyres gives them a new tyre look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joe_con19
In: Ultra Violet

Post by joe_con19 »

VillaJ100 wrote:Hi all!

Cheers
Maybe a bit late but before using a dressing get yourself some britemax grimeout n dilute to about 7:1 and use that for cleaning your tyres first give them a rub with a brush then id recommend gyeon for your tyres gives them a new tyre look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice motor
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box
Options: 2.0 TDI 150 R line

Post by Nice motor »

When I was in my late teens / twentys, 1981 ish we all used black boot polish, as all the cleaners / dressings you can get now did not exist
Seemed to work fine leaving no residue for dust & dirt to stick to , as what happens now in the summer when you use today's dressings, plus if you have to change the tyre due to a puncture, As I did yesterday you don't got covered in black oily sludge.
bennyboi2005
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Dynaudio Sound, Adaptive Chassis Control

Post by bennyboi2005 »

have a look at this :)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=386560" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xjay1337
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Just buy any cheap TFR or APC and use that to clean tyres//
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography