My testie for the week

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
shooms
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Pano sunroof, Dynaudio, premium sills, metal pedals & alu gear-knob.

My testie for the week

Post by shooms »

My 'taking the piss as I'm never gonna order it' testie ;) Already done 1000 miles in it over the weekend from Portsmouth to Manchester to Rochdale to Liverpool to Redditch & back - well... it'd be rude not to eh.... :cool:

Whilst it is undeniably GORGEOUS & the cockpit is a very classy place to sit.... I do have to say as a driving experience it is very disappointing.... the throttle is far too spongy & soft, the handling is very skittish at speed & whilst it has a fair bit of poke (I had the 2.2 engine) it doesn't FEEL fast... this is the car equivalant of Kelly Brook.... fantastic to look at & wank over but there's nowt where it matters... The 'rocco feels & pulls MUCH more & feels a lot more sure-footed & planted... you feel confident chucking it around...

Oh & whilst the Brera does have 4 seats the back two are just for show...

6/10 from me...
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: My testie for the week

Post by wigit »

is it parked on the verge waiting for the rac given its an alfa?

know someone who has had his new diesel one chipped and seems rapid, not had a alfa/scirocco catch up though, seems to like it, reckon the scirocco does not lose too much on the interior trim
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Kev
Administrator
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

It's a nice looking car but man does it have a fat arse.
It's also way too slow.
heavymetalmayhem
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, DSG, premium mats.

Post by heavymetalmayhem »

I also took the Brera for a test drive before ordering the Scirocco – I love Alfa's characteristic style (I had a GTV which felt special every time I drove it) but the Brera 2.2 petrol felt under powered and although the 2.4 diesel was better I would only buy a diesel if the fuel economy outweighed the lack of refinement and according to Brera owners the diesel struggles to get 30-35mpg. The interior was high quality, stylish and standard equipment was good. The rear seats were as useless as those in the TT and whilst nobody has sat in the back of my Scirocco yet (1400 miles) it’s good to know that they are there when you need em.

Although VW doesn’t have Italian flare for design, in my opinion the Scirocco looks just as good and whilst the interior may not excite I think it looks smart and the seats and touch screen stereo are cool. Other factors are a no brainer – handling, performance, fuel economy, residuals, interior space, build quality, reliability etc.
shooms
With a: Manual box
Options: Pano sunroof, Dynaudio, premium sills, metal pedals & alu gear-knob.

Post by shooms »

heavymetalmayhem wrote:I also took the Brera for a test drive before ordering the Scirocco – I love Alfa's characteristic style (I had a GTV which felt special every time I drove it) but the Brera 2.2 petrol felt under powered and although the 2.4 diesel was better I would only buy a diesel if the fuel economy outweighed the lack of refinement and according to Brera owners the diesel struggles to get 30-35mpg. The interior was high quality, stylish and standard equipment was good. The rear seats were as useless as those in the TT and whilst nobody has sat in the back of my Scirocco yet (1400 miles) it’s good to know that they are there when you need em.

Although VW doesn’t have Italian flare for design, in my opinion the Scirocco looks just as good and whilst the interior may not excite I think it looks smart and the seats and touch screen stereo are cool. Other factors are a no brainer – handling, performance, fuel economy, residuals, interior space, build quality, reliability etc.
Bang on fella :)

I know someone else who walked away from the Brera despite falling for it's looks... he said he was very disappointed by the drive too.