Insurance repair poorly done - help

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
Kamiljano
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

Insurance repair poorly done - help

Post by Kamiljano »

Hello guys!

I've had an accident just over half a year ago.
My insurance put an excess fee of £250 have I decided to go with my own repairer so I thought since it was Arnold Clark, a big company, they can't be that bad.. Boy was I wrong. I won't go into it as it's not relevant to what I'm wanting to ask.

Pretty much the paint has discoloured on the edge of the door, (they're arguing I've hit and scraped the door and that let water in, all body shop repairs fault them so I ain't concerned about loosing this as I'll take them to court if need be).

I'm now wanting it repairer but not by Arnold Clark as they fucked it up and they lost any trust i had In them. So they should be covering the cost of the repair and now I should be able to decide where the car gets fixed without having to pay their bullshit excess fee? In the insurance contract it doesn't say anything apart from '1,2,6: An additional excess of £250 applies in addition to any excess shown if you choose not to use the
insurer’s approved repairer.'

Will I have to pay the excess even if they fucked up the first time?
bradleywallace
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Not many - steering wheel?!

Re: Insurance repair poorly done - help

Post by bradleywallace »

The wording seems to show that you will be liable to pay an additional £250 should you want to use an alternative repair shop other than the approved repair centre suggested by the insurer.
However, if you are not happy/content with the repair provided then you will need to prove 'beyond reasonable doubt' that the repair hasn't met the required standard and has deteriorated since you received the vehicle back. Also, you will need to (probably) prove that the door or paintwork hasn't been damaged in such a way that has allowed further deterioration to occur e.g. allowing water in to a scratch and to bubble the paint.