lying about an accident

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
Kamiljano
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

lying about an accident

Post by Kamiljano »

Hello, you guys had an accident three weeks ago and now I've had one in my courtesy car.
Pretty much what happened was a guy pulled out onto a two lane the roundabout and then stopped blocking 3/4of my lane(left) I was forced to stop to avoid a collision.
Second after a woman who was also trying to join the roundabout from same area as the guy but right lane, smacked into my car.

I recorded the whole conversation and they said they blamed me for it.. she said I stopped in the middle of.the road and then said they didnt realize I stopped.

Just got a letter from her insurance saying I reversed on a roundabout, but I have a video of her saying she didnt see me stop..

So the question..
What legal action can I take about her lying to her insurance?
I don't appreciate people who fuck up blame others for their mistake so I will happily take her to court
Any advice ?
rpsmith79
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White

Re: lying about an accident

Post by rpsmith79 »

Do you have legal cover on your insurance (usually an added extra), as that might help with any legal costs in trying to take her to court, although i doubt very much you will get anywhere with it

Best bet is just to send the video to your insurance company and let them deal with the claim and forget the idea of taking her to court
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Pass the video / audio to your insurers. Leave it to them.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
greg7728
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Post by greg7728 »

Witness statements and any evidence to the insurer - it's sometimes a tough slog liability. So glad I got the dash cam. Best £20 I ever spent. So many idiots out there and everyone disputes liability these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk