Flying to Rome tomorrow.. Edit now engaged to! !

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Flying to Rome tomorrow.. Edit now engaged to! !

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Flying out to Rome with the other half tomorrow for 4 days. We fancied a nice little break.
Anybody been?

Going to visit the usual
collesium
Vatican
trevi fountain even though it's under construction.
Gf is bit disappointed by this tbh she was really looking forward to seeing that.
Last edited by whiteDevil_170 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Re: Flying to Rome tomorrow.

Post by easyrider »

go to the pantheon, blew me away, perfect domed room.
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
StuartyBoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue

Post by StuartyBoy »

I've been to Rome, I went a couple of years ago for holiday and have family there too.
Go to all the places you have mentioned.
I didn't know they were working on the trevi just now that's a shame, I've seen it both day and at night, it's impressive lit up. (We got an ice cream in San crispino near here, heard it was the best in Rome)
Pantheon,
Roman Forum,
Bocca della veritas (the big stone face you put your hand in its mouth)
The wedding cake
Spanish steps
Sistine chapel (Michelangelo painting)
Vatican (I didn't get to touch St. Peter's foot or go up the dome coz there was a service on but I saw the pope lol)
I've probably forgotten some places, the Ferrari shop lol?
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

easyrider wrote:go to the pantheon, blew me away, perfect domed room.
Gf really wants to see this.
tbh I'm looking forward to seeing everything.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

StuartyBoy wrote:I've been to Rome, I went a couple of years ago for holiday and have family there too.
Go to all the places you have mentioned.
I didn't know they were working on the trevi just now that's a shame, I've seen it both day and at night, it's impressive lit up. (We got an ice cream in San crispino near here, heard it was the best in Rome)
Pantheon,
Roman Forum,
Bocca della veritas (the big stone face you put your hand in its mouth)
The wedding cake
Spanish steps
Sistine chapel (Michelangelo painting)
Vatican (I didn't get to touch St. Peter's foot or go up the dome coz there was a service on but I saw the pope lol)
I've probably forgotten some places, the Ferrari shop lol?
Yeh it is a shame
They started last year and it's not expected to be finished until late this year. We wasn't aware it was happening until after we had booked and paid for the holiday. :grumpy:

Our hotel is situated 10 mins walk from the likes of the colusiem
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
StuartyBoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue

Post by StuartyBoy »

The pantheon is free :yes: and Raphaels tombs is there lol.
I was surprised that that there's a circular hole in the roof, it's deliberate, there's no glass or anything.
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Well so far all is going great.
yesterday we went to see the collusuium and trevi fountain.

Today we went to see the pantheon, and vatican and Sistine chapel.

Then I popped the question in st peter's square by the big fountain and she said yes!!!!
Good times.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
easyrider
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Re: Flying to Rome tomorrow.. Edit now engaged to! !

Post by easyrider »

congratulations dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Congrats devil! Does this mean you'll be depleting your cleaning stock to pay for the big day?!
Phil
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Congratulations to you both ! , hope your having a fab time out there - take some pics for us all :yes:

Lee
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Thanks guys! !

-philjay92
lol not atm. But to be onest I have got rid of quite alot of stuff already. I have loads of shampoo. I might even bring this to the gti meet and let other people have some. Just need some empty plastic bottles to put it in. Same with snowfoam.

-Lee
Yes it's fantastic thanks. Some really nice sites to see. The pantheon is stunning and free so that's a bonus. Just sooo many people crammed inside. The vatican was absolutely packed. We was brushing shoulders with people the whole way round. And walking like penguins. But again that was really good to see.

St peter's was a no go as the queue to get inside was insane. I'll post a pic of that.

But Yeh I'm getting plenty of pics.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Congratulations White Devil! :)

Hope you are enjoying your time in Rome. We went there in 2011 and enjoyed it, although the mopeds were driving us insane after 4 days!

Like you, we encountered huge queues at the Vatican, not helped by people pushing in. We did make our way to the front eventually, the queues do move faster than you would imagine though.

Enjoy!
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

skippy wrote:Congratulations White Devil! :)

Hope you are enjoying your time in Rome. We went there in 2011 and enjoyed it, although the mopeds were driving us insane after 4 days!

Like you, we encountered huge queues at the Vatican, not helped by people pushing in. We did make our way to the front eventually, the queues do move faster than you would imagine though.

Enjoy!
Thank you!
Yes we had a fantastic time in rome.
back home now. Got home at 2.00 am this morning. Was 1 hour and 20 mins delayed coming home.

Only thing that annoyed us was the looky looky men constantly bugging us trying to sell us frozen bottles of water and selfie sticks. But the police was constantly on the watch for them and arrested quite a few.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)