what a sh*t start to my holiday!

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

what a sh*t start to my holiday!

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

So im currently sat in a room full of hundreds of people as luton airport has evacuated the whole airport as a suspicious package has been found upstairs in the security area.
Bomb squad called in the lot!

Flight was due to take off at 2.10. Was sat at the side of runway for 2 hours before we got moved from outside to inside a building. Now waiting for them to make sure its safe to continue and fly. Untill just now staff was useless. They had no knowledge of what was gojng on or happening even though luton website stated suspicious package has been found.

So far we are 3 hours delayed and dont know when and if we will be flying.
What a bloody shit start to my holiday!!
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds ... s-29111954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: what a sh*t start to my holiday!

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Another update.
Bedfordshire police just informed us the outside smoking area is closed as the bomb squad are going to try and attempt a controlled explosion on the device.

Just made me want to fly even more now.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Shaun1982
With a: DSG box

Post by Shaun1982 »

Poor bastard best of luck mate

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

what a bummer :( , fingers crossed that you get off soon and have a great holiday :nod:
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Another update.
Could it of got any worse. They managed to clear the area of the device and was told withen 20 mins we would be told where to go to get back on the flight etc.

Waited 40 mins only to then find out that all easyjet flights have been cancelled and our monarch flight has been rescheduled for 09.00 am in the morning! ! Why? They told us everything was clear and website stated that airport was safe to continue as normal. Monarch wont supply anyone with food vouchers or accommodation vouchers. We now got to sleep in the airport. And my nan is with us and shes almost 70.

The Service is appalling. Im so pissed off its unreal. Im certainly going to be writing a letter when I get home.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Shaun1982
With a: DSG box

Post by Shaun1982 »

Can't blame you there mate. They should put everyone up as far as I'm concerned. Your travel insurance should cover it when you're back though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk