Insurance

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
sperk389
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Opal Silver
With a: Manual box

Insurance

Post by sperk389 »

Hi Guys, i hope i am posting in the correct part....

so.... i have just phoned Prestige as recommended on here, GOD they are expensive... first of all they tell me their BEST policy price for a forum discounted quote would be at least £300, this is truly not acceptable ... who can afford insurance like that ?? Once you add everything you need like protected no claims,windscreen cover,legal etc i think my full quote with it tailored to me was £350+ with a stupidly high excess of £450.. this is NOT good.. So then i tried Chrisknott ..... wow what a nice bunch of guys and to be fair they offered me everything i wanted at a really competitive price, i WILL be going to them for my new insurance in a couple of weeks.
robb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White

Re: Insurance

Post by robb »

are you messing ? £350 for insurance and you're moaning, I've just renewed for £1400 and was chuffed with it :clap:
sperk389

Post by sperk389 »

guess your a young en... yes £350 is expensive. when u grow up you will understand my friend :) (don't mean to be disrespectful)
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Always worth ringing around, even with the same company you're renewing with.

I got my postal renewal from Admiral at £318. A quick look on their website and the same deal was £296. So I phoned them up and they did a bit more tapping and got exactly the same policy down to £236! They must make a fortune from people who don't have the time or inclination to call up and check.
robb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by robb »

i am mate my first year was £2200 :(
Andy Rocc
Options: ...
Factory 19" Black Lugano Pack
Factory Heated Black Leather

Added Extras...

Eibach Pro Kit
Audi TT/S3 Short Shifter
Gloss Black Mirror Covers
Gloss Black VW Emblems

Post by Andy Rocc »

sperk389 wrote:Hi Guys, i hope i am posting in the correct part....

so.... i have just phoned Prestige as recommended on here, GOD they are expensive... first of all they tell me their BEST policy price for a forum discounted quote would be at least £300, this is truly not acceptable ... who can afford insurance like that ??
Are you in the real world?? Most people would be paying more than double that to insure their cars and would love to pay only £300. I'm now after 16 years of driving paying just over £300 but there have been times when my polices have been near 1k.
dimexi
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Remember something like this in another thread: It all comes down to where you live mostly (and age of course). I have 11 years no claims, and I'd be fuming if I got quoted £350 with no add ons etc! I think my insurance is around that mark now with legal cover and protected no claims.

But I also sympathise with people who and rebuking the OP for moaning.

I tend to ring around a lot during my renewal time! Doesn't help that it's straight after christmas either... I also wouldn't go for a company that wasn't well known - that's personal preference though
Luna
I drive a: R-Line
Options: (2.0 TSi 210) 19" Lugano alloys, satnav

Post by Luna »

I'm with Chris Knott as well. Only had my licence for 3 years and one years no claims but they still quoted £400 for the year. Very pleased and the service is great.

Got my GAP insurance through them for £100 or so. Great customer service, very helpful when I wanted to add people onto my insurance temporarily too.
sperk389

Post by sperk389 »

Andy Rocc wrote:Are you in the real world?? Most people would be paying more than double that to insure their cars and would love to pay only £300. I'm now after 16 years of driving paying just over £300 but there have been times when my polices have been near 1k.
im guessing YES i am in the REAL WORLD my friend ... insurance for 30 somethings shouldnt be as expensive especially if we/they have a no claims bonus from the first time we started driving..
dimexi
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

sperk389 wrote:
Andy Rocc wrote:Are you in the real world?? Most people would be paying more than double that to insure their cars and would love to pay only £300. I'm now after 16 years of driving paying just over £300 but there have been times when my polices have been near 1k.
im guessing YES i am in the REAL WORLD my friend ... insurance for 30 somethings shouldnt be as expensive especially if we/they have a no claims bonus from the first time we started driving..
^^^ Got to agree with this! But unfortunately, location is the annoying variable that throws it off