Halfords opinions please

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
ROO
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Dsg..Vienna Leather..Panoramic roof..Sat Nav..Winter Pack..Servicing pack

Halfords opinions please

Post by ROO »

Hi guys,

Doing a project on Halfords at the mo. Would you all mind giving me your feedback on their strengths and weaknesses please.

Thanks
matt_j_smith
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Night Blue
Options: Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Exclusive 2 tone leather, Sat Nav, Red outline front.

Re: Halfords opinions please

Post by matt_j_smith »

the generalization for Halfords is 'useless' staff..

but its down to personal experience. I use to work there during uni, I love cars, im reasonably knowledgeable and I was always mega helpful. I would bend over backwards to finish installs for people, would fix things that should really have been for garages and generally really enjoyed it. Most staff I have dealt with since are polite and have a decent knowledge of the store they are in, however, I went into a store yesterday to be told by a 70 year old employee I didn't know what I was doing whilst buying wiper blades - rude old git.

Stuff they sell? Good

prices they charge? about 25% to much

Would I be gutted if they disappeared... yup!
skydemon
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R line pedals :-)

Post by skydemon »

Pretty much sums it up really. Suppose you got to pay extra for the convenience. Bit like a 'corner shop' :-)
viper gas

Post by viper gas »

I find halfords expensive. But saying that they have everything a regular motorist may want. However I don't think trade would go anywhere near them.
Dubvrs
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: XDS activated
Rain closure
Beep on unlock and lock
Panoramic roof
DAB
Rear parking sensors
Tan Vienna leather
Yeti tail pipes
Led number plate lights
Black VW badges
Golf GTI pedals

Post by Dubvrs »

Worked for them during colleague. Most of the staff just don't have a clue about cars or bikes so product knowledge is normally poor. Only ever use them for something I need straight away otherwise I can get everything loads cheaper off the net.