anyone been to any theme parks? alton towers etc?

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

anyone been to any theme parks? alton towers etc?

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

So I have never really been a fan of heights :( . And never been interested in theme parks. So to make most of my week off and to try and overcome my fear of heights I thought what better way to do it than going to a theme park. We booked drayton manor for me and the gf and are currently in the hotel now as it was a package deal. £137 for 1 double premier room with breakfast and 2 them park tickets. Seemed good deal to me :yes: . Anyway enjoyed the theme park and its it's definitely helped my fear of heights. Trouble is now I want more lol. :hyper: allready looking at booking alton towers. Alton towers seems better for thrill rides. Anyone been to both and have any thought's on them?
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Re: anyone been to any theme parks? alton towers etc?

Post by Deacon »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:So I have never really been a fan of heights :( . And never been interested in theme parks. So to make most of my week off and to try and overcome my fear of heights I thought what better way to do it than going to a theme park. We booked drayton manor for me and the gf and are currently in the hotel now as it was a package deal. £137 for 1 double premier room with breakfast and 2 them park tickets. Seemed good deal to me :yes: . Anyway enjoyed the theme park and its it's definitely helped my fear of heights. Trouble is now I want more lol. :hyper: allready looking at booking alton towers. Alton towers seems better for thrill rides. Anyone been to both and have any thought's on them?

Been to both lots. Alton towers is waaaayyyyyy better!
playing in my '86
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Yeh judging by alton towers website and what I experinced today it seems that drayton manor is aimed for all age groups but with a lot of small rides for younger ppl. There was no big rides that I looked at and thought no way am I doing that. In the end I was itching to do more.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Bradbcam
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sunroof, winter pack, dynoaudio

Post by Bradbcam »

Morning,

Funny thing; I used to work at Alton Towers! ahh back in the day.

It's a massive park (never been to Drayton but i'm sure it's bigger). A great variety of rides and themes so well worth a good look around. Oblivion is obvisously the classic there but Nemesis is well worth a try. I seem to recall they started charging for parking a few years back so add the fiver onto ticket prices. The other thing they do (summer and special events i.e. halloween) is run early access or late nights if you stay at the towers hotel. The hotel is really well themed and there's a water park option as well, which must be seen, so take a look at those packages.

If not there's plenty of local B&B's worth a look at