Indoor skydiving

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Indoor skydiving

Post by Kev »

I went and did this today.

£50 for 2 people each with 2 lots of 60 seconds.

Sounds a lot but it's very physical. A minute is about all you can take in one go.
It's basically a wire net over a big fan blowing at 120mph. You flatten out and sit on the cushion of air to stay up. The instructor gives you hand signals to let you know if your position is ok or if you need to bend or straighten your legs (the sort of V shaped pulp fiction sign that he does a few times means straighten). The first go basically teaches you how to get pretty stable and then on the second one they give you the option to go for a high fly. I stupidly said yeah go on then! They spin you like a bastard up to the top of the tube (about 50ft) and down again 3 times. I was well dizzy by the end.

I've just edited my bits from the DVD in to one clip with a demo from the instructor at the end.
Great fun although I wouldn't want to do the big spirals again.

[youtube][/youtube]
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: Indoor skydiving

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Haha that looks a good laugh! I must say though u got a while before you get to his skill level.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Paralla
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

I did this in Singapore once. I went straight after a skinny teenage girl. I've never felt fatter than when I dove into it and landed face down on the wire mesh at the bottom while I waited for them to crank up the fan to 210mph before it lifted me up. There was a HUGE wind speed display for all to see.

The one in Singapore is an unbroken acrylic tube with lots and lots of spectators. Very embarrassing but also quiet exciting.
Ozmosis
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: RNS 510 Sat-Nav

Post by Ozmosis »

That looks ace mate! I think the instructor was a bit evil to spin you round like that, though...

Still, he does have a bit of skill himself! Epic.
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

I think that spin is the only way to get you up to the top but 3 was more than enough. I think if he'd have gone for a 4th I'd have chucked :D
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Exactly the place I did it in. I usually go there, do it and go snowboading after too.

Xscape is a good place. I like MK.

I actually do prefer the Snowdome in Tamworth for Boarding though
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

For the record. I look like a gay superman when I go. lol.
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Yeah we thought about snowboarding too but were a little tight for time and very achy already!