I was asked for I'd in tesco when Gf bought alcohol?!

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

I was asked for I'd in tesco when Gf bought alcohol?!

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Ok so this morning me and the gf went to tesco to buy her dad a bottle of wine for Father's Day.
We get to the till and she scans and then asks my gf for id.. She was buying it I was just stood waiting. She showed driving license and the assistant said ok. Then she looked at me and said can I see your Id. I said I haven't got it with me, she said I can't sell the wine in that case. I was having a rant at her about how I'm not buying it she is so why do I need to prove my age. I don't even drink so why would I want that. I continued to rant and said I'm 21 and you can ring my bank and check that if you want. In the end she said ok ill let you have it this once.

I know that their is this Gota look 25 scheme to be served. But I understood it that the person buying the alcohol needed to be id not the person with u. I wasn't buying it she was. I normally have Id with me but this time I didn't. I think I made the assistant feel bad though because she was going bright red and people in the queue behind was laughing. I just went mad at the fact i needed to prove i look over 18 even though i wasnt buying anything. Iv got a beard on the go aswell so I clearly look over 21..
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: I was asked for I'd in tesco when Gf bought alcohol?!

Post by trix »

Had this at uni several years ago, I was buying it but my mate didn't have any id (didn't drive at the time & would have to take her passport when we went clubbing) me & my other 2 friends presented the necessary id, when pushed on whos age they wanted to check the assistant said it was me & despite me clearly proving I was over 18 they still wouldn't sell it
its stupid & over cautious in the majority of cases, makes you wonder if they would refuse to sell alcohol to a parent who is shopping with a child in tow...
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

trix wrote:Had this at uni several years ago, I was buying it but my mate didn't have any id (didn't drive at the time & would have to take her passport when we went clubbing) me & my other 2 friends presented the necessary id, when pushed on whos age they wanted to check the assistant said it was me & despite me clearly proving I was over 18 they still wouldn't sell it
its stupid & over cautious in the majority of cases, makes you wonder if they would refuse to sell alcohol to a parent who is shopping with a child in tow...
I was just confused to why I was being asked for Id even though I wasn't buying anything I was just with her. Safe to say she felt embarrassed after I had finished having a rant. I think it's getting way out of hand. You need to be 18 to legally buy alcohol but shops can ask for Id if you look under 25!! Why 25? It should be 18 because that's the legal age. Seems like its a common thing after a quick google search... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8693997.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... o--ID.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Yeah, I've had this too as my missus looks really young.

Does my nut in, but what Trix said is true. I swear, if I see someone with a kid buying alcohol, I'm going to go mental from now on! :)