UK Nurburgring equivalent - E-Petition

Every site needs an off topic forum, right?
Evil Derboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather • Nav

UK Nurburgring equivalent - E-Petition

Post by Evil Derboy »

Petition details:

Create a public race track similar to the Nurburgring in Germany in a deprived area of the UK.

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport

The Nurburgring in Germany has been a roaring success for the region. Tourists come from far and wide to do a lap or two of the famous public racetrack. We propose that a similar road be opened in a deprived area in need of rejuvenation. This would be a good idea because it would be a centre for the public to explore speed in a safe environment, instead of on public roads causing harm to themselves and others. It would also bring automotive tourism to the area, and potentially would make money for the department through a toll system.

Anyone else keen on the idea, please sing up via the following link... https://submissions.epetitions.direct.g ... ions/19328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Re: UK Nurburgring equivalent - E-Petition

Post by Kev »

Great idea.

I suspect the only problem would be space. Germany's a big place and when they built Nurby in the 20s/30s it was, and still is, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The problem over here is that all the open spaces like that are green belt and there are reams of noise abaitment laws.

Would be great if they could do it but I'm just not sure where.
O_Ghost
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav
Climatronic
Cruise
Panoramic Roof
Leather

Post by O_Ghost »

They could use Wales. All of it :) Already got the tolls on one side of the Severn Bridge after all...

I'll get my coat - it's the one being attacked by coal and sheep.
Regards

John
baderlfc

Post by baderlfc »

I live near cardiff and I'd say the best thing for mid wales is to build a race track there.. Cover everything north of brecon and south of snowdon.. job done :hyper: