Launch Control & 0-60

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
CTRnutter
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Re: Launch Control & 0-60

Post by CTRnutter »

dchuraman wrote:CTRnutter - What sort of times were you getting before you modded it? Best i got was 0-60 in 6.4, but not on a track or anything ;)

Dont worry I am quite open about my driving lol (yes officer it was all on track lol) ;) (time and a place though)

I havent timed myself 0-60 purley as I dont have the correct equipment to do it and a stop watch isnt very accurate, but with a 14.2 1/4 mile time I'd say the car was pushing 0-60 in and around 5 to 6 seconds going off other cars and their claimed times. not 100% accurate and I know reaction time is a big factor but in a 1/4 of a mile I was pulling just over 100 mph.

The funny thing is now I dont know whether I can repeat that, as another member who has a remap wasnt able to match my times, and after speaking with a few tuners they think the launch is going to be hard work with all the extra power, nothing some light alloys and a set of sticky semi slicks in summer wont sort lol

If anybody has some decent timing gear I am happy to meet and give it a whirl, but the car is no longer standard would love to get mine up against a standard car to show the difference the changes I have made make. Mind you hands up it is thanks to Andys advice :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
dchuraman
In: Rising Blue

Post by dchuraman »

I have access to timing gear but not for a little while. I recently lost my job, but when i get a new one i will be giving superchips a call. So will be borrowing the gear again after that, maybe we can arrange some sort of meet on some sort of 'private' area to try times.

Also, my time of 6.4 was not using launch control. I tried it but just got too much wheel spin and it added a good few tenths on to the time
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

dchuraman wrote:I have access to timing gear but not for a little while. I recently lost my job, but when i get a new one i will be giving superchips a call. So will be borrowing the gear again after that, maybe we can arrange some sort of meet on some sort of 'private' area to try times.

Also, my time of 6.4 was not using launch control. I tried it but just got too much wheel spin and it added a good few tenths on to the time
cool always happy to meet up with a fellow member :)

I was handbrake on into manual floor the throttle for 5-10 secs bit of smoke, off throttle handbrake off, up to the line 2 secs on launch release on amber.

Basicly thats the secret to getting our cars to shift and suprise a few people lol I had plenty of practice to figure it out.

As to the job situation your not on your own matey, I got called in last week (work in banking) I hope you fnd a job soon dude these are hard times :) I am thinking of a complete job change and giving up on working in London :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
chr15
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Post by chr15 »

CTRnutter wrote:
dchuraman wrote:CTRnutter - What sort of times were you getting before you modded it? Best i got was 0-60 in 6.4, but not on a track or anything ;)

Dont worry I am quite open about my driving lol (yes officer it was all on track lol) ;) (time and a place though)

I havent timed myself 0-60 purley as I dont have the correct equipment to do it and a stop watch isnt very accurate, but with a 14.2 1/4 mile time I'd say the car was pushing 0-60 in and around 5 to 6 seconds going off other cars and their claimed times. not 100% accurate and I know reaction time is a big factor but in a 1/4 of a mile I was pulling just over 100 mph.

The funny thing is now I dont know whether I can repeat that, as another member who has a remap wasnt able to match my times, and after speaking with a few tuners they think the launch is going to be hard work with all the extra power, nothing some light alloys and a set of sticky semi slicks in summer wont sort lol

If anybody has some decent timing gear I am happy to meet and give it a whirl, but the car is no longer standard would love to get mine up against a standard car to show the difference the changes I have made make. Mind you hands up it is thanks to Andys advice :)
Yeh best I got was 14.7. As I said I could not get the power down, mine is manual aswell so no launch control. I didn't spin the wheels up to much though, just spun them up going to the line so maybe that was not enough. Would be good to hear what you get now. Mine was spinning in 3rd, that strip was sooo slippy compared to out on the road where it feels sooo much quicker.