Oil pressure warning

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Moza
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Night Blue

Oil pressure warning

Post by Moza »

Sorry for my lack of posts I'm autistic and don't interact well

Think my pumps failed as the oil warning light came on. I read about causes and checked my pickup which was clogged but not fully. Digging deeper some of the oil filter had come off. So sump clean out and pick up then new oil and filter after refitting the parts. Started car that then cut out when I touched the throttle. The battery is on charge no as I think that's the starting issue but the oil pressure light came on when turning the engine over. So tomorrow I will refit the battery and try to start to see if the oil pressure fail pops up. If so I think it's new pump time the car is over 100k miles. One other issue just popped up is a hard brake pedal which is annoying as I've touched no vaccumm pipes. If anyone has any thought s on my issue please feel free to comment it may help me and others. It's a 2010 170bhp gttdi....that I love :banana:
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Oil pressure warning

Post by Cuprabob »

If the engine is not running it is normal to have a "hard brake pedal". Engine needs to be running to create vacuum for the servo to operate.
Moza

Post by Moza »

Hi yes I know this I noticed the pedal when it was running. Hopefully I can get it running today and might see oil pressure. If not the next job is fit a new pump, I've been unable to find any information regarding this task.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

See page 139. Would check the pressure with a gauge first before exchanging.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nerw5cwkh9ug ... EA189).pdf
Moza

Post by Moza »

So after some investigation I found my vaccum pump had failed. I've fitted a new one and I now have brakes and the boost issue has gone away. I'm convinced the boost issue was due to no vaccum. I do still have a oil pump issue so it's getting a new one next weekend. I've looked all over the net for information on changing the pump but I can't find anything