L.E.D. Headlights

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
epalermo79
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box

L.E.D. Headlights

Post by epalermo79 »

Hi guys.
I have a 2016 scirocco gt 2.0 tdi and I was thinking to change the headlights bulbs for led lights.
I have already swapped the stock ones for the xenon effects ones with a really little improvement.
I had a look on e Bay and there's a wide choice of h7 led lights (with integrated fan) but I don't know how reliable they are.
Has anyone tried them yet? It's just a straight swap? Do they give any problem like error codes or flickering?
Any advice in regards would be very appreciated.
Thank you for your help, guys
Dreamer
In: Candy White

Re: L.E.D. Headlights

Post by Dreamer »

I have tried these in other cars. You will find they look great cosmetically but at night they are dangerously poor at giving out light.

I personally would not touch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
epalermo79

Post by epalermo79 »

So, there are no reliable ones on the market? E Bay apart.
Dreamer
In: Candy White

Post by Dreamer »

Like I said. It was not a case of being reliable. It was how much of the correct light you as the driver will need to safely see at night.

They look fantastic but serve no use. It’s the wrong kind of light.

epalermo79

Post by epalermo79 »

Ok. Thank you for the advice :yes:
TDiNumpty
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Indium Grey
Options: GT, Heated Leather seats, Black pack, Nav

Post by TDiNumpty »

Dreamer wrote:Like I said. It was not a case of being reliable. It was how much of the correct light you as the driver will need to safely see at night.

They look fantastic but serve no use. It’s the wrong kind of light.

So are there any kind of bulb upgrades? One of my nightbreakers has just blown need to swap or replace. Lights are pretty poor on these Rocco's.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
epalermo79

Post by epalermo79 »

Well...I need to update the conversation as I swapped the standard bulbs for LED's and there is a veeeery big improvement in the look and visibility. Sorry to prove you wrong Dreamer
I bought on ebay a pair of h7 nighteye ( full beam) and a pair of g3 GBrite ( dipped beam) and they are absolutely perfect. Straight fit with no adaptors and no errors or whatsoever. Just what I was looking for.
Only problem is the car won't pass an mot so I need to swap them with the old ones when the time comes.
fuzzyfelt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, sunroof

Post by fuzzyfelt »

Im also interested in changing the yellow halogen bulbs for something but want to make sure the complete set have a consistent look. I also have a lupo GTI and have never been able to find bulbs to match the colour of the xenons so want to try and get it right on this car. Anyone tried the various sets on here...
https://www.ledperf.co.uk/pack-xenon-ef ... -4639.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roccoblue
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue

Post by Roccoblue »

Hi, late to the party on this one - but might help people in the future.

I bought some 'CanBus Safe' LED H7s off Amazon and despite the description there is an error light on the dash. They do not flicker though, and the light output is fantastic. So much better than the halogens!
The products have improved with time and as these lights become more mainstream.

Alexthegrumpyone - who was a poster on here and has a Youtube Channel has recently done a video on changing the main beam to LED.

Video Link is here - https://youtu.be/xK8_j7rFzoM

Link to product is here https://www.carmodshop.co.uk/product/pa ... er-for-vw/