Bluetooth issues

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Vivalavangu
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Bluetooth issues

Post by Vivalavangu »

37F20A9B-EE50-4970-85A7-746A308192AE.jpeg
I just bought a 2017 Volkswagen Scirocco 1.4 TSI. I am currently unable to use the Bluetooth as it either says “unable to switch on Bluetooth” when I press it on the screen or it does nothing at all after being pressed. Can someone help me out pls?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kelgtar
In: Flash Red
Options: - Ragazzon full exhaust line + downpipe
- Racingline Air Induction kit
- Stage 1 software
- Pop & Bang

Re: Bluetooth issues

Post by Kelgtar »

Have you checked if your car has the bluetooth module? Look underneath the driverschair
Vivalavangu

Post by Vivalavangu »

I can’t seem to find anything under the drivers seat. What am I supposed to be looking out for?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Bluetooth became standard fitment after 2012, so it should have Bluetooth if it's a 2017 car. Some earlier cars have the module located under the driver's seat (RHD) in a polystyrene box whereas some of the later cars have it integrated within the head unit.
Vivalavangu

Post by Vivalavangu »

So if it’s in the head unit is it worth going to Volkswagen cause I’m 90% sure it’s not below the drivers seat as I can’t see any polystyrene box
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Vivalavangu wrote:So if it’s in the head unit is it worth going to Volkswagen cause I’m 90% sure it’s not below the drivers seat as I can’t see any polystyrene box
Do you know which headunit is fitted? I know you posted a picture but I'm not familiar with tjose fitted in later models.

If you've just bought the car and you bought it from a dealer then it would be worth asking them.