Beep on lock stopped working?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
MR13MOS
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic roof / Rear Sensors / Heated Leather / Bluetooth retrofit / Big Speedo / Diamond LED H7 / 19" Luganos

Beep on lock stopped working?

Post by MR13MOS »

Turned on ‘beep on lock’ using carista about 2 months ago.

Used the car in the morning, beep worked fine. Came back to the car in the evening, no beep then and no beep since.

Anyone had issues with this before? Not sure where to locate where the beep is coming from either if anyone can point me in the right direction before I book it in to get looked at or try ordering any parts.

Carista trial has run out now so will also try resetting on there but thought I’d ask here as I wasn’t expecting an issue with it!

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Beep on lock stopped working?

Post by Cuprabob »

I think the "beep" comes from the alarm siren which is located inside the driver's side wing behind the plastic cover. For security, the siren is riveted in place so if you have to replace the rivets need drilled out.

Just in case the "beep" comes from the horn, double check your horn is working. The horn is located low down behind the front bumper.

It's not unknown for some modules to lose there coding for no apparant reason so it might just need to be coded again.
MR13MOS
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic roof / Rear Sensors / Heated Leather / Bluetooth retrofit / Big Speedo / Diamond LED H7 / 19" Luganos

Re: Beep on lock stopped working?

Post by MR13MOS »

Ok, so I re-downloaded carista & it came up with an error 00134 Alarm horn (H12) so it must be faulty or broken somehow.

Hoping for a relatively easy/cheap eBay replacement, although the little research I’ve done suggests I might be in for a lengthy, expensive fix :(

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... alarm+horn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone else had any recent experience with this, or how easy it is to locate the parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk