Fuelling issue?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Simonium
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Fuelling issue?

Post by Simonium »

Afternoon folks. I’m looking for a bit of advice. I have a 58 plate 2009 2.0 TSi Scirocco, which has achieved 117500 miles, and until the last month has been flawless. I have noticed that when it is driven from cold there is hesitation when accelerating gently. It’s like a stutter. This takes place until the car is warmed up (properly warmed up not just the water temperature gauge) and then it goes away, until the car is next driven completely cold.

There are no warning lights. It had a major service on Monday - oil and filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, pollen, air filters, brake fluid etc. I was hoping it the spark plugs and fuel filter would cure it, but alas,not. I mentioned it to the mechanic who has done everything on the car since I’ve owned it, and he didn’t experience anything, but then the car wasn’t completely cold when he tried it. It sailed through its MOT too, with nothing showing on the emissions sheet.

Does it sound like the intake manifold gubbins, or would a fuel treatment work? It feels like either a blockage, or like driving a car with a choke that where the mixture isn’t right.

It also needs at some point the rear shock absorbers doing, which looks an expensive job as the car has DCC, but that’s another story.

I don’t mind spending money on the car as it has been so good.
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Fuelling issue?

Post by Paradox1 »

I have the same issue and my manifold issue has came back. look out for p2015 Error code.

You can benefit from having your injectors removed and cleaned. Also do the Inlet valves cleaning via Walnut blasting

shocks with DCC are about 250 each