Interior heating

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
paddyz1
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Interior heating

Post by paddyz1 »

Does the interior heater have any common faults with the likes of the heater matrix or any of the controls that operate the flaps for diverting warm air.

I own a 2010 Scirroco and i am getting intermittent warmth. Sometimes it's warm and then cold. 

When i am at speed it will have heat blowing into the car but when i slow down I will start getting cold air. 
I also have to have the motor on 3/4 to full power to get any heat when travelling at slow speeds

I have had the aircon refreshed about a month ago in the hope that it sorted the heater out but that has not changed anything.
I am guessing it may be a flap or a control actuator that may be at fault so just asking if the Scirocco has a common fault with these parts (or something similar) on the heater unit. 

Also guessing the whole dash has to come out to get at it.
Roy_01
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: Interior heating

Post by Roy_01 »

Yes the flaps fail quite often, if you do a vcds fault scan you can see if there is a problem.
Also the temperature sensors can fail.
See page 52 for the control motor locations
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nerw5cwkh9ug ... ioning.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And tdi also have a electrical heater that can break, you can test it under engine output test). Low and high heat output.
When you turn it on the voltage will drop, you could also measure amps at the front of the fuse box SA4 (40A) and SA6 (80A). But that is a bit tricky.
But it could also be a clogged heater or broken thermostat so your coolant and oil stay too cold.
Yours sound more like one of the last 2 problems.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paddyz1
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Re: Interior heating

Post by paddyz1 »

Thank you. That helps me lots. Not getting any faults on VDCS though but the vid will help me check the thermostats.
Nice one.