2011 Scirocco DAB

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Ciaravella
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

2011 Scirocco DAB

Post by Ciaravella »

Hi
Sorry if this has been asked, tried looking but couldn’t find answer.

I have eonon HU and have just got the DAB+ module.

There are two Fakram aerials behind HU however they are missing the casing so can’t work out what version they are.

I have fitted a GPS antenna to windscreen and now fitted DAB+ aerial. It’s not great GPS is ok but DAB+ is pretty useless, my questions are:
  • What Fakram version is this likely to be? Are VW Sciroccos standard?
    I have seen a roof mounted shark fin aerial that included GPS, DAB and FM would this be a switch or would I need to run cables to the HU
    If I decide to leave GPS aerial and use car aerial is it DAB compatable or would I need to switch the applifier
Also if I do need to run new cables from shark fix to HU is there an online guide to follow?

Many thanks for any help
N17ELE
I drive a: GTS TSI
With a: DSG box

Re: 2011 Scirocco DAB

Post by N17ELE »

Hi
I have also fitted a new HU and when fitting, the cable for my original aerial has 3 Fakra connections. 2 are joined in a white plastic case and one on its own is in a blue case.. Does anyone know what the blue single one is for ? I was looking to join it as a DAB aerial
Ciaravella
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box

Re: 2011 Scirocco DAB

Post by Ciaravella »

Hi I suggest trial and error.

I connected one of the Fakra to DAB and it didn’t work connected the other one and it worked.