1.4 TSI Chirping noise?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
turtlemeat
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: None yet

1.4 TSI Chirping noise?

Post by turtlemeat »

Hi, I have a 2014 1.4 TSI 160. and i have noticed recently that there is a chirping sound. I noticed that the sound happens when im back on the gas pedal after i go through gears it doesn't happen every single time, also happens when im driving at a constant speed and when I press the pedal quick there is that chirping noise, again it doesn't happen every time when i try to do this. Do i have a bad clutch or belts going out?
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: 1.4 TSI Chirping noise?

Post by Paradox1 »

Don you have an intake?
turtlemeat

Post by turtlemeat »

The car is completely stock
turtlemeat

Post by turtlemeat »

The sound only happens when the car has been running and at operating temperature. The sound only lasts for less the a second when stepping on the gas but then disappears. Anyone any idea?
Thanks
turtlemeat

Post by turtlemeat »

Hi, sorry to revive this old thread again, the car stopped with its squeaking/chirping sound for a while, but its back again I thought it was the tensioners as I had those tightned up, but I guess its not, I did further reading and apparently its common with this 1.4 tsi(160) engines, some issue with the water pump/supercharger clutch or what ever its called, sorry not very savy with these things. but I found this video on another forum " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the exact sound my car makes. Ive read that people have replaced their water pumps with revised ones to fix the issue but the threads I read were from back in 2010-2013. My car is a 2013-2014 1.4tsi(160)
Has anyone gotten this same issue on their cars before? Its 2019 so I'm guessing they've released a revised version of this water pump or w.e to resolve this issue?

Thanks