2.0 two judder

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
joness009
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

2.0 two judder

Post by joness009 »

Does any of you fine fellows have some info on below:
My car 2.0 tsi is going in for a compression test as I have I light judder at light slow speed acceleration. The garage who is a vw independent says they have done 2 before which brought up engine rebuild. They say unless you use super unleaded petrol which I don't can cause internal valve and piston issues.
My question is has anyone experienced this and if so what would be a rough cost to have this work done.
TIA
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: 2.0 two judder

Post by Paradox1 »

joness009 wrote:Does any of you fine fellows have some info on below:
My car 2.0 tsi is going in for a compression test as I have I light judder at light slow speed acceleration. The garage who is a vw independent says they have done 2 before which brought up engine rebuild. They say unless you use super unleaded petrol which I don't can cause internal valve and piston issues.
My question is has anyone experienced this and if so what would be a rough cost to have this work done.
TIA
Thats rubbish mate.

All cars sold in the UK have to be able to run on 95 octane.

After hearing this id take it to somebody else to be honest. sounds like hes trying to bend you over.

it can causing piston issue if petrol and oil mixes in the sump and is run continuously but you'd have more that a light judder from that. Id take it somewhere else.
sounds like hes guessing
joness009
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Post by joness009 »

Paradox1 wrote:
joness009 wrote:Does any of you fine fellows have some info on below:
TIA
Thats rubbish mate.

All cars sold in the UK have to be able to run on 95 octane.

After hearing this id take it to somebody else to be honest. sounds like hes trying to bend you over.

it can causing piston issue if petrol and oil mixes in the sump and is run continuously but you'd have more that a light judder from that. Id take it somewhere else.
sounds like hes guessing
I do really appreciate your message I'm so clutching at straws. I don't want to throw money at it without a definitive resolution and keep think surely someone can diagnose without going to main dealer which that ain't happening

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

I'd take it to another Vag approved garage for a second opinion. Where are you based?
a4gee
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

Mine has also got this issue. Its more apparent at a cold start and if you go at a constant low speed and dsg gear selection sometimes slow etc etc
My garage computer came up with a fault in cylinder 1 so before its gets costly they recommended changing the coil which I did and worked for a time but then the judder appeared again. So I`ve replaced all the coils and next move was the sparkplugs which again has helped but the judder is still there.
The garage did warn me that high chances are that the injectors will be blocked as its a common issue and that`s when the head comes off which I`ve not given it back yet.
There also can be other things which can be the cause but I`d get a few ideas first from garages before you act.
It would be great if you let us know what action you've choosen and the outcome etc?

cheers
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

a4gee wrote:Mine has also got this issue. Its more apparent at a cold start and if you go at a constant low speed and dsg gear selection sometimes slow etc etc
My garage computer came up with a fault in cylinder 1 so before its gets costly they recommended changing the coil which I did and worked for a time but then the judder appeared again. So I`ve replaced all the coils and next move was the sparkplugs which again has helped but the judder is still there.
The garage did warn me that high chances are that the injectors will be blocked as its a common issue and that`s when the head comes off which I`ve not given it back yet.
There also can be other things which can be the cause but I`d get a few ideas first from garages before you act.
It would be great if you let us know what action you've choosen and the outcome etc?

cheers
The head doesn't need to come off for the injectors mate, the inlet manifold comes off, when replacing injectors you need a new fitting kit which is about 14quid each. this ensures sure's the injectors get a good seal to the cylinder head. ID recommend getting your injectors cleaned. while your at it, you may as well get the inlet valves cleaned at the same time as they can too cause running issues.

check this https://www.google.com/search?q=walnut+ ... 96&bih=686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do this while the injectors are being replaced as it saves on labour

Rtech do a good price on this
a4gee
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

:yes: Brilliant

SO injectors don`t need to be replaced, just cleaned?
Paradox1

Post by Paradox1 »

a4gee wrote::yes: Brilliant

SO injectors don`t need to be replaced, just cleaned?
Depends how bad they are? usually cleaning can help but if they spray pattern is way off even after cleaning then it would need replacing.
speak to Rtech, they do a package where they will clean the inlet valves, clean injectors for a set price. will be cheaper than most garages around as they have the facilities.
a4gee

Post by a4gee »

Just a small update. My trusted local mechanic asked me when the fuel filter was changed. mmmm it hasn`t been as this also doesn`t get done during a service where it should be. So today that was changed and was full of crap. :eyepop:

Only had it running for a little while and felt fine. At least it something else to considering before splashing out on injectors.