Facelift 2.0 TSI Resonator Delete

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
culpzheelz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Facelift 2.0 TSI Resonator Delete

Post by culpzheelz »

Has anyone had this done on the facelift model 2.0 TSI? Preferably the 180 bhp model?

It has an exhaust set up pretty much exactly the same as the Seat Leon Cupra 280, so it has a long, straight centre resonator like the Scirocco R, but also has a centre/mid muffler box afterwards in an S-Bend shape that then goes to the large back-box.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had any of the silcencers/mufflers/resonators removed and, if so, which ones?

I can’t seem to find any information anywhere about it or anyone who has had it done, so I thought I’d ask on here.

Cheers
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Facelift 2.0 TSI Resonator Delete

Post by Paradox1 »

remove the Middble box and replace it with a pipe. that will make it louder but wont have any performance gains
culpzheelz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Re: Facelift 2.0 TSI Resonator Delete

Post by culpzheelz »

Paradox1 wrote:remove the Middble box and replace it with a pipe. that will make it louder but wont have any performance gains
There’s actually a bit more of a backdrop to this story, which is that I’ve already had both silencers/resonators deleted. I had the centre resonator done first, which made it a bit louder in general and louder DSG farts. I then fancied a bit more noise and had the centre muffler deleted aswell, which has made it louder still and a bit more deeper in tone. The issue is, the drone is now pretty bad. Dual carriageway/motorway is now very loud in the cabin but even through town at certain revs it’s literally ear-piercing at times, and that’s with the huge back box still in place.

I’m now thinking of putting the centre resonator back in to keep the drone down and make it more bearable but with still more noise from stock. I just don’t want it to be too quiet either.