Terminal 30 code 00059 and no interior lights

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Kerrya31
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box

Terminal 30 code 00059 and no interior lights

Post by Kerrya31 »

Scirocco 2.0GT Tdi R 2014, had issue with 12v socket not powering in centre console. As there doesn’t seem to be a decent fuse guide on the internet, I did check here first at the fuse guide posted but doesn’t seem to match up with what I was seeing on the car, iI pulled some fuses out on side of dash and interior lights went off, scanned car with obdeleven and says terminal 30 for interior error code 00059 static.

Not had a proper look into it just purchased some new fuses so will have a go at testing the ones in the fuse box to see if I find a faulty one to replace, I’ve read poss a bulb could be out but they were ok previous to removing a fuse I just don’t know which one triggered the lights out inside or indeed which one to get the 12v socket working again.

If anyone can help please. Thanks.

*update - tested all fuses for continuity today and all reading as they should both on side of dash and in engine bay, checked some of the interior bulbs and they were all ok as they were working previously I thought it can’t be bulb related as all I did was pulled a fuse on dash and they went out. Just frustrated now with it being dark when leaving work and having no interior lights. The one in boot works fine as does the 12v socket so must be separate circuit.

Please advise what I can do.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Terminal 30 code 00059 and no interior lights

Post by Cuprabob »

You could try temporarily disconnecting the battery to reset the CECM.

Note that if you decide to do this a couple of warning lights will stay on until the car is driven a small distance to allow the steering angle sensor to calibrate.
Kerrya31

Post by Kerrya31 »

Thank you I thought that as a possibility. Thought about checking glovebox bulb first as can’t recall if that worked or not originally and if I killed the power removing a fuse and the bulb was already faulty it could mean that’s why I have the terminal 30 error. Il check that first and have read on a Tiguan forum someone had similar issue after fitting led bulbs and disconnected battery and that fixed it all so yeah will try that as checked all fuses and they seem fine with multimeter.
Kerrya31

Post by Kerrya31 »

Tried disconnecting battery both pos and neg but the issue is still there no interior lights.

Any other suggestions? Thanks
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Post by Roy_01 »

Is the socket not broken? On MY10 front and rear 12V share same fuse 42.
Measure the voltage on the connector also on your dome lights.
Kerrya31

Post by Kerrya31 »

Hi Roy, thanks for your help, the lights have been resolved now it would seem a fuse was located in the wrong position.

I just have the issue with the 12v in the center console, the one in the boot is fine, I have checked the fuse for this and that is also ok.