Clutch kit replaced - clunky gear shifts

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Alex230
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Rear parking sensors. Osram 4300k H7 bulbs. Amber parking lights.

Clutch kit replaced - clunky gear shifts

Post by Alex230 »

Hi guys,

I've changed my whole clutch kit (Pressure plate, DMF, clutch disk, ToB) after i had the famous "hoot" when launching off in 1st gear.
All good ,but now, i have a big clunk when i change gears. It usually happens when i take off in 1st but also in 2nd, 3rd, etc, less felt in higher gears.
Now this clunk sounds exactly like some engine mounts, transmission mounts or dogbone mount going bad. I can feel the movement when engaging gears and lifting of the clutch. To avoid this, i need fo feather the clutch and gas pedal, practically slipping he clutch to have a smooth transition.
If i am in 3rd for example, lift off the gass so the revs start to drop and imideately floor it, i can here the clunk/thud and also feel it.

I've checked ALL engine mounts, they are all good, even replaced the gearbox/engine link (in the engine bay, under the battery) and nothing changed.
Could this be an incorrect mounting of the whole clutch kit?
A bigger DMF slack?

It drives me nuts. Been to 3 mechanics now and 2 of them said it is normal, and checked engine mounts, one said it could be DMF slack.

Thanks!