Vibration on steering wheel

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Satriani7007
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Vibration on steering wheel

Post by Satriani7007 »

Hi Guys, I’m new here and bought my first vw ever.
I have gt 2.0tsi 24k miles on the clock and realised yesterday that have proper vibration on steering wheel when accelerating or driving just over 50mph .First thought was week balance and I done it in garage but problem is still there.Any ideas?thanks
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Vibration on steering wheel

Post by Paradox1 »

Possibly a wheel bearing on its way out
Satriani7007

Post by Satriani7007 »

But wouldn’t do humming sound?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Although the balancing of the wheel is fine it could be one of tyres. Check for abnormal wear and bulges, especially if you rotate your tyres from the rear to the front as VAG cars are notorious for abnormal wear on the rear tyres.

First thing I would do is swap wheels front to rear to see if the problem remains and take it from there.
Satriani7007

Post by Satriani7007 »

Just check the back alloys and one it’s proper buckled and guy from tyres shop said this is the reason...so not sure if he is right and really rear buckled wheel would do transfer vibration on steering wheel .they done balancing but again same so just gonna buy new alloy and hope that’s was the reason.
Satriani7007

Post by Satriani7007 »

Quick update, I got two new alloysand brand new tires fitted.Vibrating gone when driving but still has some when accelerating let say from 50mph up and it’s only when accelerate ...any help?